Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup Guys...Im gonna be moving to New Jersey in the country side of it. Frenchtown, NJ for the family business. Now it snows there pretty bad in winter. Any feedback other than getting chains for the tires when driving. Like maintenance or anything that has to deal with snow so my car doesnt die if anyone has lived in the snow with there RSX any feedback would be helpful. Thanks

-- KingRsx-- Danny

·
Suzuka Blue AP2
739 Posts
a good set of winter tires, cooper weathermaster with studs FTW(fuck the blizWACKS! hahaha) is what i run on my winter beater... might wanna check in with the regulations on studs for ur state.... i change my tranny oil more often in winter too, spinning and such will burn ur syncros out (planetary gears if ur auto) and if ur lowered might wanna raise it up for winter! mind u i don't know how bad winters get down there but if you live here thats the winter basics!

·
Registered
46 Posts
ummm just get the snow tires, or the all season tires. The RSX has ABS but still, when its icy, gear down as much as you can before coming to a stop, use your brakes sparingly. Sliding is not fun.

fyi- its not recomended to use chains on FWD. if your set on using them, get a good set of tire bungies, you will have a much more comfy ride and it will be much easier on your car.

·
Registered
200 Posts
… New Jersey … any feedback other than getting chains for the tires when driving.
:eek: CHAINS ON AN RSX :ugh:

Like others have said, four Blizzaks. Not 2! 4 so it drives right. It’ll actually handle really well ion dry, they grip real well! You can do it on a second set of rims but most shops wont’ charge much more then $50 to swap them each season.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Blizzak+WS-50

I live on Long Island and know New Jersey as well as Upstate New York.
You’ll be fine.
Ever see snow before?

·
Registered
200 Posts
…Sliding is not fun.

Yes it is!!

When I was growing up, I use to look forward to those snow days – you know the ones where they start issuing all kinds of travel warnings. That’s when I went out!! Would drive to each and every shopping mall and grocery store parking lot I could find to cut up the snow!!! Now I take my kids down to the beach and do some doughnuts for them – LOL they were scared at first, hehehehehe. ;)

FWD is NO FUN!! My last two cars (7 years) were RWD and I miss it. I’m getting use to the FWD again but … not the same. I gotta learn how to drift without destroying my car or getting tickets.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes it is!!

When I was growing up, I use to look forward to those snow days – you know the ones where they start issuing all kinds of travel warnings. That’s when I went out!! Would drive to each and every shopping mall and grocery store parking lot I could find to cut up the snow!!! Now I take my kids down to the beach and do some doughnuts for them – LOL they were scared at first, hehehehehe. ;)

FWD is NO FUN!! My last two cars (7 years) were RWD and I miss it. I’m getting use to the FWD again but … not the same. I gotta learn how to drift without destroying my car or getting tickets.
haha, i hear yah. sliding is a heck of a lot of fun, especially in rwd (the durango being rwd). All i was saying was that its no fun to slide when you dont mean to :thumbsup:

haha, going out when your not suppose to. I live in NC, and it rarely snows here... but when it does... thats when it's my time to shine. I go out and pull people out of snow, people are so gratefull (and they dont know how to drive in snow, it can get kinda hairy out there when the NC drivers take to the snowy streets :noes: ). Im going to miss those days :( maybe gas will come down again sooner or later and ill get myself a K5 or somthiing.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
i lived in nj for almost 18 years and only 3 or 4 times had i seen snow so bad that you needed chains ... we never used snow tires ... unless you are living in the moutains the snow is not that bad.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The only problem I had was getting my car stuck about five times this winter, that pretty much destroyed my fronts. Im in philly area, so the weathers close to what youre getting into.Id say get stocks w/snow tires.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.