Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep.. I shoulda gotten an S.. I have the base 5 speed.. its still pretty quick tho!

But the S's rims are gorgeous, that extra horsepower amazing, and the mods actually worth it.. I think it would have turned into a money pit though.. so I like to think the price to power ratio of most base mods keep me from dropping all my money on my car.. I'll probably get CAI.. and thats it.. if I got an S I woulda went after a nice race header, ws exhaust (I don't like to be loud really), cai, and k pro, and I think I'd be pretty set.. then probably some Tein drop.. damn the S's look superb.. but at least I'm saving on gas, insurance, and total cost ;p

Welp, I can only look forward, this is my first stick shift car superb one at that, I wonder what my next car will be?!

·
:lurk:
1,612 Posts
:iamwiths:

I started having second thoughts as well. Felt like I should've gotten a type-S, or at least a stick shift. But I was planning on only keeping my RSX for 3-5 years. So what's the point in spending more on a type-S (and on the gas) when I'm planning on upgrading later anyway.

·
Murderator
23,101 Posts
Yeah, I should have gotten an S also....

....oh wait....nevermind....

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts

·
RSX Lover
1,793 Posts
Good idea, only get an intake as far as power mods go. Save ure pennies while u build up ure anticipation for a faster car and then get someone fast in 3 or 4 years.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Good idea, only get an intake as far as power mods go. Save ure pennies while u build up ure anticipation for a faster car and then get someone fast in 3 or 4 years.
:iamwiths: And put a nice drop on it, along with some other exterior mods. As far as looks, you can make the base look just as nice. Enjoy

·
FDA Approved
668 Posts
:iamwiths:

I started having second thoughts as well. Felt like I should've gotten a type-S, or at least a stick shift. But I was planning on only keeping my RSX for 3-5 years. So what's the point in spending more on a type-S (and on the gas) when I'm planning on upgrading later anyway.
Yeah. What's the point of spending more for only the extra speed of the S, when the S is falling behind in the sporty compact class anyways. You would end up spending more on the S and still get spanked by a cheaper Mazda Speed 3, Dodge Caliber SRT4 or Neon SRT4.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.