Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Feeling like I should have gotten an S..

Tags
feeling
2K views 67 replies 32 participants last post by  IronPhoenX 
#1 ·
Yep.. I shoulda gotten an S.. I have the base 5 speed.. its still pretty quick tho!

But the S's rims are gorgeous, that extra horsepower amazing, and the mods actually worth it.. I think it would have turned into a money pit though.. so I like to think the price to power ratio of most base mods keep me from dropping all my money on my car.. I'll probably get CAI.. and thats it.. if I got an S I woulda went after a nice race header, ws exhaust (I don't like to be loud really), cai, and k pro, and I think I'd be pretty set.. then probably some Tein drop.. damn the S's look superb.. but at least I'm saving on gas, insurance, and total cost ;p

Welp, I can only look forward, this is my first stick shift car superb one at that, I wonder what my next car will be?!

#22 ·
:rotfl: No credibility

I'd say the 05-06 Type S are def. worth the extra money when you take into consideration the obvious exterior distinctions b/w the S and the base. From 02-04 the S looked exactly the same as the base (minus the black side skirts) which I think was a mistake by Acura. The 05-06 Type S has a much more aggresive appearance along with 17'' rims. To me it, along with the 40 extra HP, it makes the Type S worth the extra money.

#9 ·
:iamwiths:

I started having second thoughts as well. Felt like I should've gotten a type-S, or at least a stick shift. But I was planning on only keeping my RSX for 3-5 years. So what's the point in spending more on a type-S (and on the gas) when I'm planning on upgrading later anyway.

#20 ·
Yeah. What's the point of spending more for only the extra speed of the S, when the S is falling behind in the sporty compact class anyways. You would end up spending more on the S and still get spanked by a cheaper Mazda Speed 3, Dodge Caliber SRT4 or Neon SRT4.

#12 ·
Yeah, I should have gotten an S also....

....oh wait....nevermind....

#21 ·
Yeah dude, don't regret your decision... it takes away from what you DO like about the car and gives you a bad feeling every time you drive it.

As I said before, work hard, pay it off, and drive it while you save some $$ for your next car.

Might I ask what you had before this car and/or your age?

I personally got the type-S because I wanted the top model. I had never had the top model before and I was tired of wishing I had just gotten an H22 vtec prelude.

Also, my last car was a 93 prelude Si which was the same horsepower (probably a lil bit heavier... but maybe more torque, I don't remember) as a base so what would be the point of getting a car with the exact same horsepower and similar performance? Plus in the used market the gap between the type-S and the base isn't nearly $3,000....

:thumbsup:

#34 ·
This coming from the guy who said that getting audio in an RSX is stupid, followed by saying he knew nothing about audio. Let's not forget bashing me for driving so far to work then saying you drove 25,000 miles last year. All of that along with your humourous contradiction in this thread did not own me. It was the mommy and daddy jokes that broke my heart.

However I do agree with what you said on this particular thread.....if you like your car you should be happy with what you have b/c you can always get something better in the future.

#36 ·
Um... Thanks. :confused:

I just meant everyone in Gen Discussion pretty much did, not just me. So much so that you felt the need to agree with everyones postings following and kiss a lot of ass.

You're right, I don't know as much about audio components, brands, etc. but I do know that RSX's rattle and that sedans sound much better (and are bigger to hold more audio equipment) than coupes/hatchbacks.

The only reason I was bashing you for driving to work was cause it went along with me ripping on you for living with your parents. I drive quite a ways to work no doubt, but I moved to where I did for reasons other than it being where my parents live and I'm trying to save a buck.

I'm not contradicting myself in this thread. The S is still superior to the base IMO. Like I said, I'm just trying to help this guy out and re-assure him that he did not make the wrong decision.

#45 ·
The only thing the extra power has managed to get me is tickets.

I would have been content with the base in that department for 90%+ of the driving that I do.

Re:Rims. Mine are gunmetal in color since I'm in Canada. That was enough distinction for me. The 17s on the '05+ look nice, but the tires for my 16s are already expensive enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.