Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Smoking a massive chooch
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm having a little bit of trouble getting the veilside flares to line up.

On the side skirts where it curves in at the end of them, there are two lips that you have to overlap the flare onto. Now I had one of them on last night, and the top fitment of them is great, it's just down towards the bottom of the skirt doesn't match up at all.

Theres some pics if you don't know what I'm talking about. It's almost like the side skirt needs to be opened up more for the flare to fit onto both lips. I've tried sticking things in there and prying it apart, but still no luck. Anybody else had trouble with getting flares to fit? what did you do? :confused:

I asked a couple guys at work what they would do, and the best idea I heard was...Cut the bottom of the flare in half or however much I need to get it to line it all up, then make them permanent. After this, put some fiberglass resin in the gap from me cutting them and sand them down. I really don't want to cut up my flares, but if thats what has to be done, then so be it. Just wondering if you guys had any other ideas before I go tearing into my flares. :dontknow:

If I can't get the flares to fit myself, I'm going to give them to one of the guys at work, give him 2-300$ and just tell him to put them on and mold them. I mean hell, if I'm going to have somebody else do it might as well make it worth it.
thanks

·
...it's too big
16,702 Posts
DJ RSXS said:
Well your not much help haha, your just going to make me spend my money :laughing:
do you know ANYONE good with fiberglass? just have them cut it down and stir up some fiberglass/resin to patch it up....i can ask the guy thats doin my car exactly what he works it and see if you wanna try it yourself? a body shop will probably charge 200-400 dollars to do that

·
Smoking a massive chooch
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup yup, thats what I figured! Yeah ask your guy about it! maybe he can come up with something. This is slowing up progress man...I'm going to be busting my ass to get it done by the 7th! IF I do end up cutting the flares to get them to fit, I'm not going to fiberglass them, I'll have one of the guys at work put it on for me. I mean I can do most things....but this is like retrofitting flares lol

·
...it's too big
16,702 Posts
DJ RSXS said:
yup yup, thats what I figured! Yeah ask your guy about it! maybe he can come up with something. This is slowing up progress man...I'm going to be busting my ass to get it done by the 7th! IF I do end up cutting the flares to get them to fit, I'm not going to fiberglass them, I'll have one of the guys at work put it on for me. I mean I can do most things....but this is like retrofitting flares lol
well no offense, but i kinda figured you were gonna run into troubles with your kit cuz of the deal you got on it..

·
Smoking a massive chooch
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
noslenwerd said:
well no offense, but i kinda figured you were gonna run into troubles with your kit cuz of the deal you got on it..
Yeah no doubt about that. I can do everything except for this. Bumpers, skirts are pretty easy things to do. Just these flares....it's like a nightmare! but hey, I would rather spend 200$ than 2,500$!

Just needs some more TLC! :laughing:

·
Smoking a massive chooch
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well...it went amazingly good! :thumbsup:

I cut the flare and then put them where it should be, there was a small gap, about 1/4 of an inch, filled it in with fiberglass, sanded it and it's holding up and fits great now! I know what my weekend project is going to be... :beerchug:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.