Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
oh snap!
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dontknow: :dontknow: so, drove to b'ham today to check out a rsx-s

get there and go to test drive it, its loud. so im thinking..damn someone must have put the 06 type s exhaust on or something, cause it looked stock

drive it, and the wheel shimmied a little, and the SRS light was on
so i look under the car, and the midpip had been replaced with some 3" pipe, at least tahts how big it looked to me. :dontknow:
the tires were kinda worn, so i figured that was what made it shimmy, teh fronts were worn and the backs werent

it seemed to idle a little ruff too, but i think it hadnt been crunk in a while, and it was on E, or past E
anyone got any advice on these problems?
i figured a rotation would deal with the shimmy, and the big ass midpipe + low/bad gas could be the idle...? :dontknow:
idk why hte SRS is on

does this sound like a lemon, or are they small problems, with small fixes?

·
Love ///My new car
2,725 Posts
read KSMatic's guide on reseting the srs light, if there isn't a problem with the airbag system that will take care of it. otherwise the passenger seat might have been taken out to mess with the bose amp and someone forgot to plug the airbag back in etc. or an srs sensor could be bad, it will be hard to pinpoint that part of a problem until you know that the srs light is on for a legit reason or not. get the car fax on it to make sure it hasn't been in an accident/frame damage etc and not fully repaired leaving the light on etc.

idle could be the sensor, the gas sitting in the tank for a while, lots of reasons, that will go away, the fact that it idles at all is a good sign.

shimmy could be an alignment issue. the fact that the front tires are low on tread means lots of :vtec: while the cars not moving like burnouts. if you choose to buy it have a mechanic or if you know well enough what to look for check out everything. a compression test might be worth ordering as well before you find out you bought a car that had a bent valve due to a mis shift or something.

hope it all turns out ok, gl with the purchase

·
oh snap!
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i read the resetting the SRS light DIY, htats hte first thing i done after i posted this.
gonna carry a paper clip w/ me tommorrow, make sure it goes off. tehy said theyd check it out too. and have the front end inspected. i think its just the tires.
idle seemed calm to me after it was crunk for a minute, it was high for a few minutes when he first crunk it, but that doesnt worry me.

i just dont wanna get a lemon, and be f*cked over :(
i really love the rsx though
its DSM and nice too! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts