Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,884 Posts
was it a used S/C? Sounds like a bearing is out in it.

What was all of the water in the first video?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh it was snowing so that explains the water. Yeah I bought it used off a member on 8thcivic.com. My few of my tech buddys say its a bearing. I talked to the seller and we are gonna work something out. THIS BLOWS but thanks alot. Im only hitting 2 pounds of boost btw

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well thanks for your insight guys I know its just a video but once we fired it up we knew something didnt sound right at all regardless if it is sc'd or not

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts
If you need to have it rebuilt, I can vouch for these guys. Had a charger rebuilt by them, they do good work, quick turnaround too.

http://www.thehighspeedlab.com/

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Sure it isn't the idler bearing in the tensioner setup?

Edit: nvmd I see you have the upgraded idler :eek:
thats a good point but the sound is clearly coming from the blower, if you rest your hand on it you can feel it through your hands, and dont worry dom, shit will work out, just be patient. And i thought your boost gauge was hooked up wrong?

·
Alky fed rat.
1,637 Posts
Oh it was snowing so that explains the water. Yeah I bought it used off a member on 8thcivic.com. My few of my tech buddys say its a bearing. I talked to the seller and we are gonna work something out. THIS BLOWS but thanks alot. Im only hitting 2 pounds of boost btw
Even with a noisey bearing you should be seeing boost above 2psi. Maybe there is something else gong on here??

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts
Is your bypass valve closing all the way? Does that knock go away when you rev up the engine?

·
Alky fed rat.
1,637 Posts
How do I tell when it closes fully?
I is closed fully when it is sitting on its stop, a small tab at the side.
Look at it with the car off. Start the engine, let it idle, and take a look. The arm should be extended and on its stop when not running, and fully open at idle.

Let us know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts