Registered
347 Posts
BUMP

New pics asap, man!!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
it will be friday before i can work on it any more. i am leaving here in about an hour to head to TN.

But quick question Paint it SSM color match the car. or a Gloss black. let me know what you think i made a fiberglass box and it is ssm with a lillte black to red fade.

here is a pic i scratched it with the install so don't kill me on that...

·
Registered
347 Posts
color opinions

gloss black, or SSM as the box?
Silver, man. If it were me, I wouldn't do any fades - I think they look cheesy. Sometimes, simpler is classier.

·
Registered
347 Posts
That'll be nice dude.

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
lol ah i almost did this in my ol rsx, but i went with the linear actuator style.

look up Compdoc77 or something like that... he has a 15" lcd in the same location as what you are doing (which is the main reason i didnt do mine that way). he said weight is an issue... you need to be really careful on how much weight you have on that hatch... if you have too much it wont stay up and you will need to look for alternate means on keeping it up.

oh and another reason i went a different route was i went with a 20" tv lol! (if you wanna see it, look in the car audio for sale section)

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
uh here is what i got... http://compdoc777.com/

you will have to look at the top for the events & shows (at the very top) link. look under the Dub show, show off showthe good shot is at nopi race wars, then mean streets, and on down...

sorry if i kinda blew your thunder :( didnt wanna... it will look sharp though. i just hope the weight doesnt hinder things...

like i said though, good luck :D (the enclosure looked sharp by the way)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Wow, dude... nice. Saw the hatch vid you did, wanted to view it closer but oh well. So how did you deal with the weight issue of that LCD? WHat size was it again? You do shocks to support the weight? Looks cool as FU--!

Reactions: Seth1784

·
Registered
347 Posts
Nevermind... just saw the link to your directory... I'll be checkin' these pics out... sweet!

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
if you are meaning the link i posted in my last post... not my car ahhahahahah!!!

my car's old set up is in the for sale section.

emailed you back to... hit me up with audio questions... your choices arent so great. you can get a lot better for the money.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
well damn thought i had some what of a first.. lol but still looks good can't really see how it is mounted or any up close pics that sucks. but it is just mounted not really fiberglassed in or flush mounted. so i might be the first for something.

This weekend i am going to try and get it finished....

This is a pic of the Shaq man in action... I don't see how you guys in ATL can live driving in that traffic all the time.

21 - 40 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.