Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
dude..wheres my car
16,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah so i got the bc2 kit...i was washing my car today and noticed tiny paint chips from rocks on the freeway...all about litrally this size "o" man oh man...it's really bad..im contemplating getting the front repainted when i take my car to get the side mirror panels painted..if the price is reasonable i'll do it so im not sure yet...have any of u done this? repaint their kit after tons of rocks hit it?

·
tie - coorz
1,245 Posts
haha....my bc2 kits got a buncha chips on the front too....not noticeable unless you try to see em though. and yea, i'll have a shop repaint it in the summer

·
Registered
508 Posts
i just got my Mugen Replica Painted 2 weeks ago and the day after i had put everything on...this massive dumptruck came in front of me and mest my whole nose up with rocks marks :firemad:...well I hade some touch up paint and fixed it all up..now I cant even tell its been damaged :spin: ..but then on friday it was really windy and all this crap was flying around on the highway and flew into my nose...again...well i definetly heard it hit. It seems like I have really cheap paint...or paint does not stick too well on fiberglass :dontknow:...

·
Banned
13,970 Posts
that problem happens with any bumper afteramrket or stock...just don't drive as fast on the freeway and u'll be allright...or u can get a clear bra nad be safe while noone knows u have it

·
Hondata-4
232 Posts
My cousin is getting a clear bra put on his wide body S2000... I wanna see how much it costs... then i'm gonna get on too if the price is reasonable...the S2k is sick check it out ...http://www.angelfire.com/co2/alain/page1.html

·
700p LTR TWS .308
19,493 Posts
No - I had the magnet bra. It was good for a bit, but I think we need to replace them every season. Essentially it should be used like disposable bra. I used it for 2 winters, and the thing started cracking and let water in. Now my front hood has a lot of water damage.

As for rocks there's nothing really you can do, especially if you have a kit. I have the ro_ja and thus even those clear bras arn't gonna help much since the lip will be exposed. If anyone has seen my car you'll see it's got craters that make Manuel Noriega look smooth. I drive 100 miles a day commuting all highway on mostly open highway @ 80 mph every day to work. Rocks do a real number on the bumper. After awhile, you just gotta say, ah f' it. Too bad we can't snap on hard bumper cover or something. LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts