Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys!!

Well, I bought my whole Zaino kit: the soap, claybar, polish, and swirl remover. And I also bought those White Royal Velvet towels from http://www.fieldcrestoutlet.com

I mainly bought it for the swirl remover because my Celi came with factory-installed Swirls all over the hood :(
(which i didnt notice since it was dark when i got it).
I have applied the swirl remover about 4 times already, but the swirls are still there, and i dont like them!!!

I have noticed that the lint that comes off these towels sometimes cause swirls and sometimes even some nasty scratches. So basically, I think the swirls are still there, not because Zaino doesnt work, but because these Royal Velvet towels leave swirls on my car.

I really need some advice as to what towels or other products to use to wash/dry my car so that these nasty Swirls will go away (at least temporarily).

P.S. Has anyone here had any similar problems ? Or how have u solved it?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanxx

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
I've never had a problem with the towels. They are about the safest thing for drying. I think this is all technique.

Don't use any force when washing or drying. The weight of the wash mitt or the towel is more than enough. Don't scrub, it's more about letting it soak up the water than rubbing.

The edges of the towels aren't cotton, they are usually polyester, so they can scratch. If you are a geek like me, you'll use a serger to redo the edges with a cotton thread.
If you aren't a textile geek, then just make sure you fold the trim and edges away from the paint.

And make sure you have a good washmitt. Those acrylic mitts will leave swirls too. Get cotton chenille or sheepskin or microfiber. Anything but acrylic.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
3M Swirl Remover works wonders!!!

it's like removing swirlies and claying yer car at the same time, so reDawn after yer done and start Z'ing all over again...trust me, if all else fails, use the 3M...the towels may not b doing this...these swirlies may b deeper than u think...or u may b rubbing the Z off using too much pressure...just a few possible rationales

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the reply guys. I think you guys are right. It might not be the towels. Before buying Zaino, I read just about every zaino post on this message board and i followed all instructions. I think it might just be that those swirls are pretty deep.
I will try the 3M Swirl Remover.

Just one question, ... when i apply the Swirl remover (or the zaino polish for that matter), should I be able to *see* it after applying it? Because when I apply it, I see the white residue. Is this OK? Or am I applying too much (ex: it should be almost invisible?).

Thanx guys in advance.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
C.BlueGTS said:
Just one question, ... when i apply the Swirl remover (or the zaino polish for that matter), should I be able to *see* it after applying it? Because when I apply it, I see the white residue. Is this OK? Or am I applying too much (ex: it should be almost invisible?).

Thanx guys in advance.
ok, here's what happens with the 3M...first, u Dawn the car, then u apply the 3M...depending on how deep the swirls are, u have to work in more 3M...what happens is it should work itself clear...there will b areas u can't get totally cleaned, so the white stuff remains...u CANNOT tell if u've helped yer cause since after applying it, the finish looks AWEFUL...u need to reDawn the area first before examining...if u've worked the 3M in pretty good, u should stop...reason being the 3M is ultra-abrasive, and too much will deteriorate the clear coat (Zaino basically helps rebuild it)...an orbital buffer is best to use since it's an even application as opposed to hand which is more blotchy (some areas get more worked in than others)

when u start to 3M, start lightly until u see the haze...if u notice swirlies through the haze, redo the area and press harder, but only do a couple of redo's since u don't wanna hurt the finish...here are my pics of the 3M treatment...i did my whole car in about 7 hours, start to finish, so u may wanna break it up a bit :D

Before:

After:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts