Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drying my car... I'm most likely going to use the California Water Blade in combination with:

a) Fieldcrest Royal Velvet towels
or
b) "The Absorber"

Can't decide, pro's/con's of each please! How big is the absorber? Is one enough to dry the whole car?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I use the absorber inplace of the water blade. I go around the car with the absorber, get all the water off the windows hood, roof, sides, then go around with a fieldcrest to get the the smaller spots. I then use a hand towl size fieldcrest with the Z6.

·
Registered
872 Posts
not sure about the absorber, but you will not be dissapointed with the field crest towels. they work great. they are rather expensive though and it will probably take two to do the whole car, but they are worth it. just be sure to get a copy of Homer2's guide so you will know how to use them and wash them properly

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I use the water blade to get all the large flat surfaces (hood, roof, doors, etc) and the windows (nothing comes close on windows, absolutely spot free) and then use the absorber to get all the nooks and crannies that the blade is no good for and can't get to. My car was 1 year old on Nov 8th and I am scratch and swirl free. I'll never use towels again.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies guys. I also have the option of a very large waffle-weave microfiber drying towel... has anyone used these?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
absorber - hmm, one wil do a car, or a house for that matter, cause you just wring them out and keep going. as for size, i think it would be about chamois size (no package handy, guessin 16x24) ? ? ?

water blade - cant see the need with such a car, but i do use one all the time, even on customers black cars . .
you still need something else to get the leftovers though . ..

while i sell both of the above, i gotta say the absorber outsells the blade . . .

fieldcrest towels, as said above, you will never be disappointed with them - maybe 2 large to do an RSX - and a smaller one for detail dry and/or spray

the blue waffle weave m/f drying towel is also excellent (from what i read ) but our m-fibre wizard frosty will offer more input for that, Im not "into" microfibre yet . ..

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where are you Frosty??? I wanna hear about microfiber drying towels... thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I hear chamois strip wax, I only use them on glass. I use old clean t-shirts, but I'm gonna try the burn cotton method though. So Homer2 do you mostly recommend the fieldcrest towels, and can they be purchased somewhere like Pepboys? I am concidering. Thanks

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Royal Velvet - can be bought both on-line at and good department stores / bed and bath stores.

heres as link for online - get white only . . .

www.fieldcresctcannonoutlet.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts