Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Traction is for pussies
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took it apart to reposition the tube so i could have the line coming from the side rather than underneith the bottle

·
Banned
16,523 Posts
Hey I dunno if you'd be up to this but I figured I'd ask.

How much would you charge to replicate what you've done to your Intake Manifold?
Will your dp setup fit underneath your intake manifold cover?

I would love to go DP, but it takes time and patience... and lately I've been out of both.

·
Traction is for pussies
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Randeezle said:
Hey I dunno if you'd be up to this but I figured I'd ask.

How much would you charge to replicate what you've done to your Intake Manifold?
Will your dp setup fit underneath your intake manifold cover?

I would love to go DP, but it takes time and patience... and lately I've been out of both.
i'll ask the friend i did it with...it defenitely wasn't easy
we went through 3 different types of benders and probably 20 of those foot long stainless steel tubes (they are like $3 each)...just to clear the hood

most of the benders had bends that were too wide to even come close to clearing the hood

i have seen one other dp setup on someones show car but they had the nozzles coming out of the right sides of the IM and i don't particularly like it, but it seems like it would clear the hood better...if anyone knows who i'm talking about, please provide a link if you can...i'd love to show a couple friends those pics

but anyways, i'll ask for you...if you need anymore details on my setup, let me know

·
Traction is for pussies
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and as far as the bottom of the intake manifold...i'm sure it can be done, but if you ever need to take off the jets or do any maintenance, you would probably have to take off the entire intake manifold

i actually just ordered a stock intake manifold for when/if i get rid of this to go turbo...since i'm at school, i had to do it COD at my friends house so i haven't seen it yet...and i haven't seen the bottom of the intake manifold in awhile

of all the pics i took during the install process, none of them are of the bottom

·
Traction is for pussies
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Randeezle said:
Cool cool... I would ask for your intake manifold (when you start boosting), but I figured the IM would be included in the nitrous kit.

Am I correct?
a direct port kit is just like a wet kit except it comes with 4 nozzles rather than 1 and it comes with 8 stainless steel tubes, and 2 distribution blocks

that is my intake manifold in the pics...i'm at work right now but i'll try to post up some more pics when i get home tonight if i have the time

basically we took off my stock manifold, made marks where the holes needed to be drilled (we wanted as even distribution as possible so the 1st and 4th cylinder nozzles are angled slightly)...then we drilled (don't reccomend this to amateurs because drilling aluminum is not the same as drilling any other material)...then used the tap that came with the kit (by tap i mean the thing that is sharp enough to make the threads for the nozzles to screw into in the manifold...then we put the nozzles in (you don't want to constantly pull them in and out so we only ended up doing this a couple times during the entire process)...then we started bending tubes...after we bent a bunch, we put it upto the car and realized they weren't even coming close to fitting with the hood

found a new bender and got a bunch of new lines

also you have to flare the lines at the ends and sometimes you have to do this before you bend the tubing

all in all it was a pretty strenuous process...

oh, and i polished the IM when it was off, too...wire wheel and polishing wheel with this aluminum polishing bar

i have my car account and my regular bank account...my car account is money i set aside that i allow myself to spend on the car...unfortunately whenever i save up a decent amount i have the urge to spend it on something so it might take awhile to save up for a turbo

next up will probably be a compustar alarm and probably jdm sides and rear since i have the front lip...maybe some more suspension...then turbo

·
Banned
16,523 Posts
cool:thumbsup:

My question was... when you go to sell your nitrous kit, will your intake manifold be part of the package, or will you keep the intake manifold and sell it to me.

I dont wanna go through all the drama of tapping my intake manifold, so I'd rather just buy a new one, send it to your boy and have him do it and send it back to me.

·
Traction is for pussies
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Randeezle said:
cool:thumbsup:

My question was... when you go to sell your nitrous kit, will your intake manifold be part of the package, or will you keep the intake manifold and sell it to me.

I dont wanna go through all the drama of tapping my intake manifold, so I'd rather just buy a new one, send it to your boy and have him do it and send it back to me.
ah...i gotcha

i'd rather sell the whole thing together...so i mean if you'd want to buy it and just install the intake manifold, you could take your nozzle off and keep everything else the same and then sell my kit as a wet kit

and the IM is a 2 person job and i wouldn't trust anyone but myself and him to work on my car...it took a long time to make it look like that so i can't say that it will necessarily be cheap...but i'll talk to him and let you know

1 - 14 of 14 Posts