Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

341 - 360 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
So the shaft is done guys its much thicker than the CRV one and i think this plan B so to speak will work perfect.

Well at least i hope.
Me and the owner of the shop were also talking about making a custom direct drive shaft for the track so i dont kill my VC down the road and it would be made of some V8 Mustang parts.

Custom flange with a bigger U joint. much bigger.

This shaft we are planning on using towers over the wagon shaft which puts the CRV one to shame.

2 driveshafts and a potential slip ans spline shaft. the whole wagon CV assembly would be removed.
this would not be street friendly at all. direct drive chirp chirp. lol

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
Knock this shit off, I already told the involved parties about this in juans thread. This is a tech subforum and not for calling people names, or talking shit.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
so lets try this again....... 3 people have so far cut a tunnel on a dc5 chassis.

I am going for a daily driver so stock factory replacement is the best option for me. You all be the judge.

Here is Dimitris tunnel mod.

Here is Import tuner car tunnel mod. Some shiney stainless looks like. lol

My old crappy one.

My fresh new one done today!!

Factory as fuk lol Anchor points of a rsx with cables and a Honda ebrake all welded legit stuff.

Its nice having a ebrake again lol :laughat:

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Don't sweat it man just take it easy it will take time man. There is life, family, then cars.
You are absolutely right. My car ain't going nowhere... so there really isn't a point in rushing honestly. I'm getting eeeeeeeeeeeeverything i ever wanted for the car this time around. 8 injector intake setup, 90mm TB, half size radiator, electric water pump, some CF parts to lose some weight, etc.

Did you go to the track the other day?

·
Sleepers Crew!
1,220 Posts
Damn, 57trim. Your tunnel looks clean bro. I just picked up a silver 02 bug eye wagon for my wife. This way, the sti is mine. CTFU. My rsx has been sitting, although I did get my diy dump in the mail.

·
Registered
116 Posts
wow bro this is awesome i didnt believe it wen my friend told me some1 had done an awd rsx already. i literally read the whole 48 pg on the other thread and this one all last night lol. so excited that this has already been done i hope to b able to do this to mine one day

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #352 (Edited)
Thanks man.... Yea the tunnel is legit now I have to get the console and all that stuff around it but that will not be an issue. Have to figure out what I am going to do with the carpet to fix that issue.
I am going to make this car so clean it will look like it came out of factory as an AWD car.

The fuel cell is next and the exhaust. Eyeballing a CF Seibon trunk too.

It amazing what a little time and R&D yields...... At first my tunnel was just a patch but i knew it will not stay that way and needed a replacement and was pretty confident that one of my cousing Honda chassis had something for me.

In my case it was a EG :) Good old EG :)

Later down the road I am going to remount the rear end from solid mount, to utilizing a B series poly rear mount in a way maybe make it adjustable for a pinion angle using a hime joint. Not too worried about it. Even with a solid one there is no drivetrain noise transfered. or anything just like the poly concept better.

P.S.I did take the car to the track for the first time and keep in mind whatever this car runs on the track it runs on the street. I was having some launch issues, with a lean cut. Tuner was not there it was a very cold night noone wanted to come out. The car ran a [email protected] on a 2.0 60 and a cut. On 14.8psi, i had it stuck in a high boost map accidentlly when it needed to be in a low boost map. I don't have the car tuned for both just low boost AKA ONE boost lol. 14.8 for high boost was a Hondata default boost setting. This was Street tire at a lot of air pressure=wheel spin, i needed to lower the boost out of the hole but the tuner wasn't there hence the shitty 60 foots and raise the higher gear boost obviously.
I think i got 11:50s at 125mph soon on a stock motor gonna try to get it in 10s.

Gonna start writing a attempt by anyone DYI for this AWD project... It will be many pages with pics so it will take a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #353
I am writing a DYI and including a bunch of pics to make it as easy as possible to someone that has a fair mechanical knowledge or things.

It will be 30 pages of mostly pics and the crap o had to deal with from the start, what fits what doesnt and why. Also there are some thing i have not done yet and will in the future so i left them as open for anymore to try and contribute the knowledge. I will post this where when done written in Word can i email it to Agent Smith or a moderator to post it as a sticky??

It will be done over the weekend and not including nuts and bolts and shit if i have to do that for someone they should not be doing this howveer if extra ones are used i will mention that so which ones you use is up to whoever doing it.

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
Got it done... how do i post it...?
Thanks
create a thread in the diy section, and post as much in the first post as possible, then add the extra to additional posts. the easiest way to do that without some asshole interrupting you in the middle of posting is by making a bunch of posts with just enough letters to be able to post it, then edit in the content to those posts. once you make the thread i can stick it. even i would have to post it in the same process you would.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
Okay get a bunch of things done to the car including the fuel cell utilizing a stock sending unit.... did a driveshaft that finally doesn't vibrate.... I chased this for 4 months and it had to do with the VC assembly sagging down to the carrier bearing housing because the wagon utilizes bearing/rubber bushing assembly making it vibrate towards higher RPM.

I purschased a 4.7 final with a transmission and we are not going to use the CRV/base model transmission. Transmission we are putting together will consist of harder gears Z1 gear set with LSD upgraded synchros etc..... Getting an LSD for the rear as well with axles.

The VC is getting remounted to be more straight, then the rear end is getting remounted from solid to polyurethane for less vibration, then the exhaust is going 3 inch aluminum to the back and maybe include my sway bars in the mix.
Transmission and the rear end are going to get done while the other stuff is getting done.
My solid shaft is getting done too....
Soon this will be a fun car.

This used to be my set up and i didn't like it but had to make sure everything works and there is no going back to FWD anymore before I invest a good amount of money into everything to make it all perfect.

Stock sending unit so I have my gauge :)

Barely visible from behind....

All custom welded not a mass produced unit. Thanks to my boy Mark from GOFASTRACING.

New floor bottom.

All assembled, the filler tube had to go that way in order to drain proper into the tank.

4.7 final this CRV trans gear set is not good.

341 - 360 of 384 Posts