Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

361 - 380 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Decker, now if i recall correctly as i only saw it once I was talking to my transmission guy and AWD diff was taller than the FWD diff in which case there is not much we can do. Meaning we wont be able to run it because if I was to lift the diff with something then the side differential bearing on one side would become obsolete and the only way of course would be to shrink the housing which is impossible, I spoke to lightning speed AWD ek owner and they said they are running an open diff in the front.
So my trans parts will be here on Monday and the car is going under next week so I will try to stick an LSD in it as we have a bunch laying around at the shop but it might not be possible. :(
I guess lets see if anything can be done.

·
Come at me bro!
615 Posts
By taller, you mean the final drive ratios are different between front and rear...correct?

Hopefully open diff front and rear will still give plenty of traction.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #363 (Edited)
By taller, you mean the final drive ratios are different between front and rear...correct?

Hopefully open diff front and rear will still give plenty of traction.
I read so many different posts on different attempts changing the final and how it wouldn't affect the awd output or should i say rear/front ratio. AWD diff is physically taller like a different differential period longer housing since it has to accomodate the transfer gear.

I hope I am not biting myself here on the final gearing and stuff I see a lot of people manipulating gearsets running PPG ones or obx so changing those will not be a problem.

I will check on the final with my source. I will count all the gears and conclude my gear ratios start/finish in the case I do have issues later but the diff is taller means I would not be able to use an LSD.
That white EK that did the write up on the LSD on AWD was a B series trans and in his case the diff was shorter than the stock one so he shimmed it from what I understood (the transfer gear from the final).

Hope that explains it a little.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
Getting the final parts in today and the transmission is getting cracked either tomorrow or the beginning of the next week.... My solid driveshaft is supposed to be done at the same time so I might debute the car at FL2K15 which is October 8-9 at Bradenton Race track.

Feeeling anxious as fuck been waiting a while for this damn CRV trans to gtfo of my car.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
Ok finally did some work got the trans off today.....

Trans out quick as hell

Now, who said there isa height difference in FRONT differentials between FWD left and AWD right?? No one did! There is no difference there.... lol

FWD diff in an AWD housing.... it fits!

But we cant use it!!...... As it is factory!! ;)

It's a good thing me and my crew don't mind modifying factory....!!

Stay tuned for more updates this week!!! Almost there.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
So i ordered a twin competition disk for it and an Mfactory differential which are all coming in tomorrow.... After that its all down the road!! :)

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Good work brother.
Will you be at FL2K? i'm gonna be there with the mustang.
How did you go about using the stock fuel hat on a fuel cell ?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
Juan we didnt!!! my local fabricator ran all the wires out the tank on the upper quadrant and we just sat the cup into some holders so we can use the float for the gauge! lol it works with no issues doesn't even know the fuel hat is missing.

Monjarassi I will be using 75w-90 Mobile which is what I have already been using.

I will be there with the car on FL2K15 all the skeet racing will be done post party so make sure you come out!!! ;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
Okay guys its all done the trans is on and functional!!! Hope it stays in tact.

Here are some pics.

One AWD daily driver with PS, AC and all the comfort of a stock ride.
Thanks to StricklyMT my boy Matt Mansfield (without you nigga this shit would have been burned to the ground), LHT Performance (John thanks for your help), Mfactory (Brittany thanks for your help as well).

Now off to other stuff lol

Trans has 2002-2004 CRV, 2005 Z1, 2004 A2 parts, LSD, obx1/2 with a twin... and 2006 Z3 parts too. lol oh my god I didn't think we have everything in it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
Anti-lag set up!!! Sounds hard as hell we have it set where its only making 13psi out of the hole.... After a fun night of 100 proof Smirnoff and Corona light last night time to practice some launches today!!!
Wish me luck guys!

Thanks all
Jazz

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
Finally got this bad boy!!!

3/4 ton truck spline shaft with 1410 to 1350 U joints common in stronger vehicles, the stock Honda Wagon ones were around 1310s.

If the exhaust doesnt give any static and if the shaft works the front is getting tubed aluminum as well.

361 - 380 of 384 Posts