Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Sugar Plum
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for a few weeks now.. ive been running 14.8s all day long.. but i finally did a 14.5 thanx to SpoonRSX giving me some pointers on shifting.. ill try to post the slips later.. if i can get my hands on a scanner...

60' 2.269
330 6.194
1/8 9.420
1000 12.00
1/4 14.571
MPH 94.78

my mods include..
Injen CAI
ES MM
Falken Azenis

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
choppystyx said:
for a few weeks now.. ive been running 14.8s all day long.. but i finally did a 14.5 thanx to SpoonRSX giving me some pointers on shifting.. ill try to post the slips later.. if i can get my hands on a scanner...

60' 2.269
330 6.194
1/8 9.420
1000 12.00
1/4 14.571
MPH 94.78

my mods include..
Injen CAI
ES MM
Falken Azenis
Nice times....What exactly did he tell you to do? You must have been doing something wrong.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Nice times man! So how were you shifting before? Share the pointers man :D .

·
Sugar Plum
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MmmotorNutz said:
Nice times man! So how were you shifting before? Share the pointers man :D .
well before i would just shift really really fast.. let off the gas.. then shift and hit the gas... pretty much like daily driving but quicker.. but SpoonRSX told me to i guess powershift.. :dontknow: .. pretty much shift without letting the gas go.. all i have to say is my shift is so much faster.. i dont know if u guys already knew this or not.. but drag racing isnt really my thing so i didnt know..

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
choppystyx said:
well before i would just shift really really fast.. let off the gas.. then shift and hit the gas... pretty much like daily driving but quicker.. but SpoonRSX told me to i guess powershift.. :dontknow: .. pretty much shift without letting the gas go.. all i have to say is my shift is so much faster.. i dont know if u guys already knew this or not.. but drag racing isnt really my thing so i didnt know..
Power shifting = New tranny. The rsx tranny can/will not take power shifting for very long. I know when I shift I get off the gas, kind of. I get about half way (if that much) off the throttle before I am done with my shift, and then Im right back on the gas.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
there is nothing wrong with powershifting (I like to call it speed shifting personally) as long as you go into gear and dont miss and grind your not really hurting anything :)

·
Sugar Plum
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont think its to bad either.. just dont do it all the time... how i figure is cuz i have the 2nd gear grind.. and everytime i shift normally.. it grinds pretty bad.. but when i power shifted it didnt grind at all.. i could be wrong though.. but like i said i dont do it all the time and i dont plan too..

·
Sugar Plum
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well... since your not moving your right foot at all.. your shift is hell of a lot faster.. honestly it probably does bounce off rev... but i shifted so fast i didnt hear it at all....

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
choppystyx said:
well... since your not moving your right foot at all.. your shift is hell of a lot faster.. honestly it probably does bounce off rev... but i shifted so fast i didnt hear it at all....
You don't grind when you power shift? :dontknow: Ill have to give that a try sense my tranny is being fixed next week anyway.

I think I actually shift slower when (I never do) I power shift. I have to think about holding my right foot down, which slows my shift down.

·
Sugar Plum
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah.. im getting my tranny fixed next week also.. :thumbsup: but yeah it doesnt grind at all.. u think ull shift slower.. but sit there and try it with the car off.. ull see a big difference..

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
Actually, I played around with this a lot. The car fucking moves when the RPMs are still high on a upshift. I think powershifting, or speedshifting, can't be good. However... shifting and only slightly letting off of the gas is pretty incredible, but man does it take practice. When you get it down, the shifts seem very smooth and the car lurches forward on each upshift. I think I'm on to something. But I've never been to a track <sigh>. Soon enough.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
choppystyx said:
yeah.. im getting my tranny fixed next week also.. :thumbsup: but yeah it doesnt grind at all.. u think ull shift slower.. but sit there and try it with the car off.. ull see a big difference..
Ill have to give it a try. Sitting in the car when it's not on wont help me. If it works, Ill run my car this wednesday.

I havent run my car in about 6 months because of the 2nd gear grind.

benca1,
If you have enough time to fully let off the gas between shifts your shifting too slow. :beerchug:

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
APEXiTypes said:
benca1,
If you have enough time to fully let off the gas between shifts your shifting too slow. :beerchug:
Ah shit, maybe I'm not on to something then. Typical.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
choppystyx said:
Well, I just tried powershifting......Let's just say I got a good look at where the rev limiter is. :finger:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts