Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have done much research and have finally decided that im going to get something around a 2000-2004 SV650

what exhausts sound good on them?

and how much $ should i save for the class and the gear?

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
FWIW I have an M4 on my SV and have gotten nothing but compliments on it.

Most people will say be prepared to spend at least $1k on gear but I've probably only spent about half of that by shopping smart (closeout gear on last seasons "hawtest" stuff)

As for the MSF, the cost will depend on the state you live in.

lat-R

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
FWIW I have an M4 on my SV and have gotten nothing but compliments on it.

Most people will say be prepared to spend at least $1k on gear but I've probably only spent about half of that by shopping smart (closeout gear on last seasons "hawtest" stuff)

As for the MSF, the cost will depend on the state you live in.

lat-R
I have the M4 too, and I can't recommend it enough. Cheap, decent power, easy install.

·
baby buffett
13,382 Posts
yoshi sounds so good on those bikes man. the first time i heard one with an aftermarket exhaust my face just lit up.

·
12.3 @ 114 mph
1,803 Posts
why not two bros? most of my friends that has a bike kept telling me that two bros sound so good.

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
I got all my gear for ~700 bucks. Pretty much everything was last years models.

HJC Helmet (silver/black) - 150
- thicker cheek pads & tinted visor (for daytime riding)
Alpinestars SP-1 Gloves
Alpinestars Ridge Waterproof Boots
Alpinestars textile jacket
Alpinestars blue jeans with knee and butt pads

I'm still looking around for a pair of leather pants, but what they had in stock was mostly smaller sizes. I got the jeans just to ride around on while i'm on my permit. I figured most falls are going to affect your head, arms, shoulders/back first.

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
I got all my gear for ~700 bucks. Pretty much everything was last years models.

HJC Helmet (silver/black) - 150
- thicker cheek pads & tinted visor (for daytime riding)
Alpinestars SP-1 Gloves
Alpinestars Ridge Waterproof Boots
Alpinestars textile jacket
Alpinestars blue jeans with knee and butt pads

I'm still looking around for a pair of leather pants, but what they had in stock was mostly smaller sizes. I got the jeans just to ride around on while i'm on my permit. I figured most falls are going to affect your head, arms, shoulders/back first.
you'de surprised at the damage your legs get during a tumble...and you never plan how you're going to fall...

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
you'de surprised at the damage your legs get during a tumble...and you never plan how you're going to fall...
Well its my first time riding and I'm hoping jeans will be at least good enough for around the streets doing 25-30mph. I'm not going to get onto the highway unless i'm better protected and experienced.

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
Well its my first time riding and I'm hoping jeans will be at least good enough for around the streets doing 25-30mph. I'm not going to get onto the highway unless i'm better protected and experienced.
jeans dont protect at al...im guilty of riding in the streets with jeans...but i put on textile over pants on for abrasion protection...you can get rashes FROM your jeans because you rub on anything hard enough and your skin comes off...

hows the cbr by the way?

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
jeans dont protect at al...im guilty of riding in the streets with jeans...but i put on textile over pants on for abrasion protection...you can get rashes FROM your jeans because you rub on anything hard enough and your skin comes off...

hows the cbr by the way?
well these have the knee pads and some padding on the butt. I know its not much, but its something I guess. I might get textile over pants - do you have any you recommend?

As far as the CBR, i just got it insured today and registered. I haven't took it out yet because the battery died..lol (i should've started it before I geared up)

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
just charge it enough to start then ride it in the upper rpms...because a bike stator doesnt charge unless its above 5k in some bikes... i have the joe rocket alter ego pants for commuting...cuz it has a thermal lining and during hot days you can take a strip of the pants off for cooling...kinda pricey though so you might as well save for new pants...

but i guess if your just doing easy riding you'll be fine....

undercoverjeans.com i wanna get me a pair...its kevlar reinforced and triple stitched

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
i'll have to find a pair in-store and try on. I had a hard time finding helmets to fit.. HJC seemed to fit me the best compared to a few other brands I tried on.

Well its had about an hour already, maybe a little more. So that should be enough to get it cranking tomorrow morning and take it out for a charge. This battery is about 3 years old from what I was told. Is there any batteries you recommend over another?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts