Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya im happy i finally got it. i got the exact same setup as jkindle for 911.03$ out the door. sorry cant take any pics i dont have a dig cam or a scanner. i am gonna run a 50 shot and the only thing i will do is use denso ik22's along with a bit of octane booster so ill be running on like 94 or 95 octane instead of 91. hopefully i can pull some 13.7's now, we'll see. i plan on running the car on june 8th at palmdale so i will let you guys know how i do. peace - steve

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
actually in anaheim hills there is a shell station i think that has 93 octane...

·
Banned
9 Posts
and most tracks have racing gas available if you just need it for the track - remember what I told you GRaFiX, you gotta have tires to do it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im waiting on my volks....they should be in by the end of may so ill be getting yoko parada 2's with em...hopefully those tires will be good enough to net me 13's....what you think?...and oh yea those ik22's were a bitch to find, either nobody carried them or they were sold out....and have you ever used the NX octane booster? the bottle says some crap about an extra 20% hp gain if you use their booster when spraying...wonder if thats bs...

·
Banned
9 Posts
those tires ar pretty equal to what I have so you should be ok.....yea, imagine me trying to find them when I did not even know what to look for.....I have not tried the booster, but it could do what they say, its worth a try

T

·
0 Posts
dunno about the parada 2s. i haven't ridden the new parada's but after feeling how absolutely shitty the previous ones were, their tread design was all looks and they performed horribly. No traction, and no cornering grip, howled way early going through turns, and wore down quick and the car began hydroplaning way early. Just a fault with the compound and tread block design. IMO for their price, they're cheap but thre are stickier tires out there that'll give you just a tad bit better performance in the quarter. On the street you'll definitely enjoy better wear characteristics and handling properties with something else, but again just an opinionl. There are new compound tires so i guess you'll be the one to tell us. good shit with the NX.

as for octane booster that should be useful stuff when you're using jettin. i figure when u're running 75 shots it'd be safer to add some. pretty much make sure you dont get the cheap cleaners. essentially the ingredients should either be methanol, toluene, or ethyl alcohol. nothing will mix as evenly or perform as well as race gas, but also remember as u go up in octane you decrease the effective combustability/pwr you get from a drop of gas.

jkindle wheres your second kit!!! (you don't need remote anything for that one, should only be the bare minimum since its got a specific purpose. 13.3s!! )

but more seriously, are you DAMN sure that the AEM CAI is faster than the SRI's?

·
Banned
9 Posts
Trizzin4u said:
but more seriously, are you DAMN sure that the AEM CAI is faster than the SRI's?
100% sure - unless you wanna buy my Injen :D - I would love it if the Injen was better because it is easier to hook up the nitrous to it

T

·
0 Posts
who far down the pipe are you now jetting it? and may i recommend a "tornado" =) better atomization even distribution of N2o between all 4 cylinder banks.

<oh no i hear the flamers comin on>

AZ this means you! haha j/k :wavey:

·
Banned
9 Posts
a have a spiralmax laying around, I will see if it fits and if it helps - I have not put the jet in the AEM yet, but I am going to try and put it where the oil breather is at - In the Injen I had it very close to the TB

edit: well, it was too small - does anyone have A 2 3/4" they want to volunteer use of or give to me

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
CAI kits with metal piping suck... unless they are lined with rubber... dyno numbers may show otherwise.. but after driving for 10-15 minutes.. power will drop dramatically.. because the under hood temperature heats the pipe which heats your "cold air" decreasing density and losing power.... i did a test like this for mustang CAI kits.. BBK, MAC, Densecharger....... the bbk sucked after a 20 minted drive the intake was extremely hot... hot enought to burn your your finger.... same with the MAC... the only one that was good was the Densecharger which made very good power and was made out of a nice smooth plastic.. which kept temperatures down and held the hp throughout the test..

·
Banned
9 Posts
I would have to respectfully disagree - I have touched it many times after drag runs and hard drives and have not noticed any heat. This could be due to the positioning in the RSX vs. Mustang :dontknow:

and for the RSX, the short ram has 'dyno proof' that they are better :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what kind of exhaust should i run with my setup now? i had the greddy evo but got rid of it so now im back to stock.... i was thinking maybe the borla cause i dont want something loud again, or maybe the comptech cause it has 2.5in piping instead of 2.25in...will the comptechs larger pipe diameter be more benficial while spraying? peace - steve

·
0 Posts
Short Rams will always make more power if you have a hood scoop. :) :)

Shorter distance to throttle body, less resistance. A lot of people diss the KCaero hood, but I tell ya, car pulls really strong with a custom short ram in the buldge of the hood.

·
Banned
9 Posts
excess said:
jdkindle but you said the car runs harder with the cai, and now you claim short rams make more power?
I said they show more power on the dyno - and then notice the roll eyes, signifing that it is BS IMO

T

·
0 Posts
kindle should be right. most dyno runs are made with open hood and fans. realistically what u'll have flowing in the engine bay will always be hotter than from a cai. notice how your car is much slower during the daytime than at nighttime?

kindle. the piping on the aem cai is 2 3/4"? is the short rams 3" diameter?

V

·
0 Posts
I run a 50 shot of NX on my car and I also have the Paradas Spec 2s and I love them my friend had the first ones and believe me much imporvement I dont know what all they did but whatever it was it was awsome...Good luck with the kit

1 - 20 of 30 Posts