Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I was taking this country road like a GT4 track a little while ago. It was absolutley amazing because there was no traffic or other cars whatsoever. Well long story short there is this one hairpin turn that I usually downshift to 1st (VERY sharp turn..) I wanted to see how fast I could take it, and the back end slipped out on me. Thank god I caught it in time to not lose control or skid off the road. I slid to a stop, caught my breath, and went about my business. I absolutely love this car, it's gona suck selling it.

Cliffs..
-speeding on a curvy country road
-took a sharp turn fast
-rear end slipped out
-feel like a real man now ;)

lol, yeah flame away, lame story, meh whatever i'm bored.

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
Wow, usually in first eh? Damn, I never took a turn like that before going fast... usually I stay in 4th or downshift to 3rd, but damn, where do you go? :eek:

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, usually in first eh? Damn, I never took a turn like that before going fast... usually I stay in 4th or downshift to 3rd, but damn, where do you go? :eek:
Yeah that part is a big straightaway, where I usually can hit ~80-90 before the turn comes up, which I slow down enough to downshift to 1st, its almost a 180 degree turn
that's my favorite part of my "course"

·
Murderator
23,101 Posts
LOL

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
LOL! I did something like that. It was actually a series of very sharp turns. Small, but pretty much one after the other. My fucking car over-steered! WTF? The back end totally swung out. The stock tires are pathetic. I just gave it a bit of throttle and it was fine. Do you know how to heel n toe? Once you really get the hang of that, you'll love it. I usually brake to 40, downshift to 2nd, RIGHT before entering a left turn, and floor it through the whole turn, usually redlining 2nd in the process. Shit, feels good. Especially since, I'm about to trash the stock tires soon.

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I usually brake to 40, downshift to 2nd, RIGHT before entering a left turn, and floor it through the whole turn, usually redlining 2nd in the process. Shit, feels good.
Yep, there are a few turns that I can do that on. One is even banked... lol i love this road.

Not sure what heel and toe is, i've heard of it, maybe I know what it is, I just dont know it's called that?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Kind of over-kill on the street, but so much fun. Basically, you use your right foot to brake, with your toe, and you use your heel to hit the gas to rev up the rpms, to rev match, right before you engage the lower gear. That way, the car won't jerk through the turn, which can be very dangerous.

Here is a better explanation and a video.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.php?p=7027820&postcount=4

Depending on your shoe size and flexibility, you may need after market pedals. The ITR one's work great!

·
Sell me your NES games!!
5,876 Posts
I was having the same butt coming out on me problem when playing on the on ramps, especially the one off of 175E onto 295N. It really sucked... Anyhow I put on progress sways front and back with my stock suspension and it helped quite a bit. It gave the car more neutral handling in the exact same turn and now I can go through the corners a bit faster. Once I get to the limit of my handling my butt will start to ever so gently come out on me instead of the way it was before :noes:

So when are you going to start modding? :D

·
Registered
318 Posts
lol
I've been running that course so much lately, since it'll be the last runs I'll make that fast.
lolll...be careful not to damage the car and have it effect the sale
anyone would do the same if they were to part with their sports car :(

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lolll...be careful not to damage the car and have it effect the sale
anyone would do the same if they were to part with their sports car :(
Yeah thats why my rear end slipping out scared the hell out of me :noes: :eek:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yeah thats why my rear end slipping out scared the hell out of me :noes: :eek:
lolll good thing you're not a newb and didn't slam on the brakes :thumbsup:
one of my friends crashed his 350Z on a canyon near where I live and on the first turn because his rear kicked out he slammed on the brakes :shakehead

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.