Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have lifetime alignments at firestone. The one i normally go to SUCKS (I go to the one on Avalon in Carson) .Most of the techs can't get my camber to the settings i want and my car never goes straight (I've had at least five alignments these past couple months). I want to try a different firestone hoping that they have better technicians and do a much better job. With that being said, can anyone recommend me a firestone that does a "good" job with alignments? Trying to look for one around 310/562 area.

If it makes a difference I have megan coils and rear camber kit at about 1.5 finger gap all around on 18 x 9 with 235/40. Hopefully I have room to play with for toe and such.

·
Premium Member
430,557 Posts
search for a shop that works on suspension tuning or a tuner shop that works on aftermarket stuff, theyll work on it there. all regular garage will only go by what the car manual say.

they fear that if they dont set it to oem spec, something could happen and they would be at fault. just to avoid all the headaches later, they wont do that for you.

·
Resident hater
7,647 Posts
Pretty much all major shops only do what the factory alignment is. You need to find a user on here, or a tuner shop to do anything non oem specs.
not always true. i also have a lifetime alignment package with firestone and have been to at least 4 different ones in norcal and socal and none of them had a problem aligning to my specs. they'll just tell you they wont be liable for any excessive wear to parts because of it. i've always watched them like a hawk when they're doing it too so i can see the actual specs on the screen.

·
Banned
5,794 Posts
not always true. i also have a lifetime alignment package with firestone and have been to at least 4 different ones in norcal and socal and none of them had a problem aligning to my specs. they'll just tell you they wont be liable for any excessive wear to parts because of it. i've always watched them like a hawk when they're doing it too so i can see the actual specs on the screen.
Guess it's dependent on the shop. None of the ones down in SD will even fuck with it, if you want anything other than oem specs.

·
Premium Member
430,557 Posts
give your keys to F-BOM, he'll take it to his guys and take care of that for ya

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.