Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I was unfortunate enough to be the first person at an accident the other day when I was visiting some family. It was then that I realized I do not have a very good first aid kit in my car as I was unable to do much other than sitting with the person waiting for the ambulance (he is fine BTW other than some cuts and bruises and most likely a concussion). It was a terrible time and I do not want to be in that situation again.

I am not in need of a proper first aid kit/box for my car, no more of these boxes of band aids and gauze. Can anyone recommenced a reliable first aid kit for the car that is full of good supplies, or possibly part with one that someone with a mind for medicine has put together? Either way, I need to get one ASAP so any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

After talking it over with a friend who is going to be doing a his EMT course soon, I decided to go and get a big first aid kit/box that I can put in the trunk for most situations. I know most stuff in there will probably just sit there for ever, but its worth it in case something does happen. He showed me a post on http://www.used.forsale/first-aid-kit-box where someone was putting together big, high quality first aid boxes and then selling them to people so they will be prepared. What a perfect fit :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those who have the OEM kit, what do you think of it? Mine was taken out of the car by a previous owner and I don't want to just buy it for the logo.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Content of the OEM kit is good. Kit includes: 3 X-large adhesive bandages, 2 stretch gauze rolls, triangular bandage, adhesive tape - 1/2 inch wide x 2.5 yards long (latex-free), 3 cleansing towelettes, 3 insect sting relief pads, 4 inches scissors (stainless steel), quick guide to first aid and CPR instructions, 3 steri-pads - 4 inches x 4 inches, box of 10 flexible 3/4 inch bandage strips, box of 10 butterfly closures, emergency blanket, 2 inches elastic bandage (ACE-type), tweezers/magnifier combo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a pretty good kit, I think I will be seriously considering that. Thank you :)

I thought I would move this thread so it gets more attention, I was chatting with some friends earlier and none of them had first aid kits in the car so I thought this should serve as a little PSA for anyone who does not have one to go and get one, now.

·
Super Moderator
430,553 Posts
nowadays when you buy a car, it comes with one unless they charge extra depending on the dealers. i usually have one in my bag that i take with me, not in the car itself just in case i need it while i'm at work or something

never know if you or another might need it. most first aid kits has the more common and needed items, unless you really want to go all out and pay extra

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a great first aid kit at a drugstore a few years ago. very important to have. I also has other useful stuff like a heat blanket and emergency light.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts