Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...rash,0,5218074.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

First ride on new motorcycle ends in death for Boynton Beach man

BOYNTON BEACH -- A 26-year-old man died in a traffic crash about 7:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 1400 block of North Federal Highway during his first ride on his new motorcycle, police said.

Anthony Thompson was killed when he lost control of the bike and hit a utility pole, police said.

He bought his black Yamaha YZF- R1 motorcycle Tuesday and picked it up about a half hour before the crash, police said.

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
wow....hmmm lost control...

my friend started on a 05 r1...and lol well he spun the tires coming out of a turn and blamed it on oil on the tire because the mechanic touched it

8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah because of the coating on the tires, countless dealers have told me the horror stories of people dropping there brandnew bike right out of the dealership.
its not the coating on teh tires. Its because there are a bunch of new riders that dont know how to ride

·
party like a ROCKSTAR!!
3,181 Posts
its not the coating on teh tires. Its because there are a bunch of new riders that dont know how to ride
the last part is probably the most true, but i do believe that the coating has a small factor in it as well. same as a cold tire basically....

·
Registered
277 Posts
heard that story countless times about ppl jumping right on a R1. who knows if it was his first bike or not. When i got my bike, first thing they said was to make sure im on my tires for at least 100 miles to break em in. so sad whenever you hear these stories though.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Same thing happened a little over a year ago in Orlando before I moved. It was his first bike and he did not have a motorcycle license. I don't know if this has changed but at the time you did not have to prove that you had a motorcycle license to buy one and drive it off the lot. It was all over the local news for days and days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts