Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Call me maybe
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YR RSX. Quoted from K20a.

As far as I know, no one has gone 12s in a RSX chassis all motor in street trim, ie not using slicks. I realize plenty have gone 12s using a slick already but I don't think any have done it on a Drag Radial, and this was the goal for the car. Wanted to get a Stock block, all motor RSX into the 12s the same way the car is driven every day on the street. The only 2 changes at the track were removing the passenger seat and rear bumper/bumper support. Took the rear bumper off more so for the drag effect, but we definitely saved 25-40lbs from the bumper and support combined, plus the passenger seat which is also heavy, 50-60lbs, it was probably close to 100lbs that we were able to get out at the track.

The differences this time since my last time in November of 2013 is new Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s up front w/ Hoosier Drag Radials 225/50/15. Also over winter, the car was dropped off @ KJBuilt's in CT, he's a master Honda tech and can do anything. He did my Koni Yellows, front and rear, front extended wheel studs, energy suspension front LCA bushing kit and installed new wheel studs for me. I have to say, I only made 2 passes, a lot of people were breaking on the track so there were a couple clean ups that took 45min-hour, but these Hoosiers hooked pretty good. Like I said I wasn't able to get much testing done, we were going to lower the pressure in them as the day went on but we were good after 2 passes, didn't feel like waiting another hour for a third. We did what we came there to do which was run 12s in a street driven RSX on street legal tires (Drag Radials). I was really surprised at the MPH which went up 4-5mph since the last time out at the track without adding anymore power.

http://youtu.be/mwtD32VA1Q8 - My Full Edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRxEQImC_IE - My buddies phone vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klTETLiDYGM - ^^ x2

I really wish there was a scale there because I'm curious how light the car is now. If I were to guess I would say it's in the 2600's now with me in the car, just based on my trap and power level. So we hit the goal of 12s on a daily driven, street legal setup...now we're gonna try to go 12.50s on the drag radials, and might add some slicks over the summer w/ skinnies to try and dip into the low low 12s. Still think there's another 5-10hp in my exhaust setup which I'm going to change over the summer also...just trying to go faster.

Here's a list of my mods...

Stock K20Z1 Engine
Drag Cartel 2.2 Cams
Supertech Valvetrain Kit (Springs/Retainers)
PLM Race Header
ASP Ported RRC Intake Manifold
Hybrid Racing 74mm TB
4" Custom CAI w/ BPI Velocity Stack
Greddy Ti-C 70mm Exhaust (2.75")
Walbro 255
ID 1000cc Injectors
Hybrid Racing Fuel Rail w/ SS Fuel Line
KPRO Tuned by Chris Harris @ Xenocron Tuning
Pump E85

250whp/165wtq

Eibach Pro Kit Springs
Koni Yellow Shocks F/R
Ignalls Camber Kit
Ignalls Torque Dampener
Innovative 75A Mounts 3 of 4 installed (no tranny mount)
ES MM inserts in stock tranny mount
Comp Super Single Clutch Kit w/ Flywheel (I think 7-8lbs, not sure)
2x Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2 w/ Hoosier Drag Radials 225/50/15
2x Stock 05-06 RSX-S wheels w/ 215/45/17 tires (smaller than my rotas which are 225/45/17) aka ghetto skinnies

I have an ASP Budget Header being made and I'm going to order KTeller 3" Piping to go along w/ a Vibrant 3" Muffler to hopefully make a little more power, I think the current header/exhaust is the only thing holding me back.

·
Boots to Asses
6,403 Posts
Danish came along way! Much respect to him and his crew.

That ASP header isn't going to gain much if hes doing well with the PLM header imo. Maybe more mid range but peak i doubt it. He should think of porting the head imo next..

Is it possible hes making 260whp with the e85? That trap is insane...kinda want to ask if its down hill lol. ( no disrespect) . He probably has the AAAA block :)

·
Call me maybe
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is making 250whp now so 260 probably isn't out of the question if he were to do a SUPER aggressive tune on a new header and a 3" exhaust.

That track is not downhill but I think everyone is just as surprised at the trap speed. He was neck and neck with an E92 M3....And he made 2 passes, both of which were 111. I think it's almost unfathomable to gain 4.5mph from a little more weight reduction/lighter tire/better conditions. But it happened lol so what the hell do I know.

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,006 Posts
nowwwwwwww he done spilled the beans on HP :rotfl: but i believe the car can still run a 12.9 with the bumper on. And fawwwwwwwk at those injectors :eek: are those really needed? i thought RDX injectors would be enough :dontknow:

·
Call me maybe
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Room for growth. The car can definitely go 12.9 with the bumper intact with more seat time. Just not @111 lol. Car is fast!

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,006 Posts
Been hanging out with mapps lol

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,006 Posts
Post pics of that 4" intake. I'm curious on how it looks and how it's installed

·
Registered
540 Posts
This isnt exactly the way u would drive it on the street if u took off the rear bumper,support and plus the seat. Sounds like if u wanted to be technical, swap the hood and trunk would of took that weight away and be a a complete car on the road. RRC manifold is great for track and low to mid tq so that helped u alot. 1000CC injectors is over kill but E85 is where you real gained HP.
Nice run.

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,006 Posts
Where are you guys? Yall haven't posted anything In a long time

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,006 Posts
I got their youtube and they still haven't uploaded anything

·
Shazaam
4,596 Posts
This isnt exactly the way u would drive it on the street if u took off the rear bumper,support and plus the seat. Sounds like if u wanted to be technical, swap the hood and trunk would of took that weight away and be a a complete car on the road. RRC manifold is great for track and low to mid tq so that helped u alot. 1000CC injectors is over kill but E85 is where you real gained HP.
Nice run.
Carbon hood and trunk for these cars nets you like 20 lbs max. They aren't that much lighter than the factory pieces.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts