Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys...

ok as the title says this will be my first time waxing my car... its about time i take really good care of it... i live in LA area and its already getting really sunny and warm so i want to make my car look the best it can be...

ok so i want to wax my car.... can you guys tell me what wax to get, what materials i need to wax my car, any special techniques/procedures to waxing, any secrets?

PS: is buffing the same thign as waxing?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I am one of many people on here that will tell you that you need to try ZAINO. It is great stuff if you go to zainobros.com you will find all the products you will need to make your car look as good as mine :laughing: . BLING BLING.

Oh I would recomend getting dawn soap, clay bar, Z1, Z2, Z5, Z6.

·
Stunnahood Co-Founder
2,531 Posts
Zaino is cool but it is a very finicky substance, especially for a first timer. I suggest wash it with some meguires gold class soap and then wax it with meguires gold class wax.
(Sorry I am a meguires junky)
Others will say use dawn, then claybar, then wax which is what I do once every 25000 miles but I feel is not necessary for each wax.
Good luck.
-Tony

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
i will say dont use gold class wax. it gives a good look the first time applied then it wears off right away after washes. meguiars has a new sealant/wax that a member (mistaclean) raves about. you should try it.

·
Stunnahood Co-Founder
2,531 Posts
I thought that it did not come out until next month at the earliest. Has it already come out?
-Tony

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
i bought some at walmart last sunday (jan 25). meguiars says feb 1 which is this sunday.

you can also order it onlina at meguiars.com

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
retail 14.95, but i think it was 13.25 at walmart. as a warning, one member said they checked their walmart and didnt find it so it may not be on the shelfs until feb 1

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whats the name of this thing called?

btw can anyone tell me any tips and tricks to waxing? should i use a buffing machine or hand wax?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
meguiars nxt tech wax.

apply in circular motions w/ a foam pad. let dry to a haze, then remove/buff off with a microfiber towel.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so this is the secret trick eh?!!! lol thanks guys...

so what if i wanted to use a buffer would dat be reccomended or not reccomended... cuz walmart has a small buffer for 15 bux and i was wondering if it is going to be good to use that machine

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
I am also waiting for the NXT to come out, went to the AutoPartStore by me but they didn't even know what I was talking about, even after looking in the catalog and making a few calls.

Anyway, about using Dawn dishwashing detergent. Only use it if you plan to wax right afterwards. So, don't start washing your car late with the Dawn and then decide that you don't feel like waxing it until next weekend. Your paint will be completely unprotected, so wax the same day or at the latest the following day.

Also get yourself some Meguiar's foam pads, Walmart carries them and they are cheap. Do a search in the Car Care section, you will find a ton of useful information that will be of much help to you as a first time waxer.

Good luck!

Jane :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Don't use DAWN! That shit is bad for paint. It will strip the oil out of clear coat, which is an oil based. I'm not a paint expert or anyhting but I read that in a mag that had questions for the rep at mothers car products. They said do not use that kind of soap.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You'll need a paint cleaner, polish, clay bar, wax, wheel cleaner, tire shine, foam pads, and the some quality towels for wiping off the residue.

Oh, I cannot wait for the new wax to come out. Unfortunately, I probably cant use it till April. We New Jersians & New Yorkers suffer from winter weather very often. So I'm gonna detail my car with that new wax and a clay bar (i badly need it) and a polish

buffing is the removal of wax, cleaner, polish etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts