R/T - .573
60' - 2.587
330 - 6.649
1/8 - 9.877
MPH - 75.94
1000 - 12.661
1/4 - 15.025 :shooting:
MPH - 95.12

I think with a 95 MPH trap speed I should definately be hitting 14's. The elevation here is 1,117 ft. It was about 60 degrees and it just stopped raining.

I think I really need to work on my launch. I was feathering between 3000-4500, and had no wheel hop problems. What do you think? My only mods are listed in my sig.

BTW there were SRT-4's running 15's-16's like crazy that night:laughing: And they were the mouthiest people at the track. Only one of them broke 14's and his car had alot of mods.

·
zoom..........zoom...zoom
5,050 Posts
if there were SRT4s running so slow then either you have the worst drivers in your area or that truck is messed up.

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
worst drivers
:iamwiths:

If you don't believe me, go to the AZ board and ask. Other clubRSX'ers went with me...there was a silver one that ran 14.2 and it wasn't stock. He said he couldn't get traction. The others were just bad drivers:rolleyes: Really bad!

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
hahaha headlines!! RSX beats SRT-4 by 2 bus lengths!!!

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
talyler said:
My best slip

R/T - .573
60' - 2.587
330 - 6.649
1/8 - 9.877
MPH - 75.94
1000 - 12.661
1/4 - 15.025 :shooting:
MPH - 95.12

I think with a 95 MPH trap speed I should definately be hitting 14's.
Heck yeah I am track newb and I trap 94mph @ 15.3s with a 60ft of 2.6, if I get my 60ft better I think I can hit at least 14.7 or so. I wish PRACTiCE PRACTiCE

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
god damn! how the hell do u feather ur clutch!? how fast do u release it and what!? details please...my 1/8 times were sooo pathetic...plus it was my first time at the track

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I dont know, I newb I just rev my engine, let the tires scrrthchhh them I dump it.

·
Asian dude
3,145 Posts
I went a couple of weeks ago. It is the first time with the Hondata#4 also. I hit a 14.3 which pissed me off because if the track wasn't so lumpy, then i'd prolly pull a 14.1 or so. You can hit those times. It's all in the launch like everyone says. The launch is so touchy on the rsx.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Rev to a good rpm, keep it there, let up the clutch slowly and do not let the rpms go down, control wheel spin with the clutch. Once you get full traction, letta rip!

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
depending on your setup, "good rpm" is usually 3000-4500rpm. just experiment with it. if you release too quick at too high rpm, you'll just spin. if you release too slow at too high, you'll just sit there burning your clutch. if you release too quick at low rpm, you'll bog. it's all about that balance :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Time to learn to drive... 2.5xx 60' is pathetic. I hit 14.94 with 89.6 mph, but I cut a 2.07 60'.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
You can be a good driver but if the track you run is slick as hell, no matter what you do, you aint cutting a 2.0 60'...its not all about the driving skills.

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Time to learn to drive... 2.5xx 60' is pathetic. I hit 14.94 with 89.6 mph, but I cut a 2.07 60'.
At Firebird Raceway many cars have traction problems...it's a tough track. Also keep in mind this was my second time ever racing my car at the track...and I don't practice launching on the street. There are too many cops here for that. I'll post a link to the video of my run when my friend hosts it on his site. I do know how to drive, just not launch.

·
Registered
479 Posts
talyler said:
At Firebird Raceway many cars have traction problems...it's a tough track. Also keep in mind this was my second time ever racing my car at the track...and I don't practice launching on the street. There are too many cops here for that. I'll post a link to the video of my run when my friend hosts it on his site. I do know how to drive, just not launch.
Launching at the track is totally different from the street anyway.

I still don't see where the problem is, I cut 2.2s my first night ever as 16 year old with an almost-stock neon (ran 15.3s, since then got it to 14.9 with same mods :eek: ), while everybody was cutting 2.4s and having 'problems.'

:dontknow: Guess you aren't doint it right.

Watch this vid: It's of a local base model RSX guy and he reguarly cuts 2.1s:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/klutchrsx2/vids/incar1.wmv

:laughing: Thats my POS neon running right before him :laughing:

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
He doesnt need to learn how to drive, he needs to practice launching!!!! There's no need to make the guy look bad and make yourself look all that, sheez Mister neon!

How many times did you get to run before you were able to get that 14.9? And klutch hits the track a lot, thus the 2.1s.

Why dont you try helping the guy out by giving him some pointers, instead of telling him that he cant drive.

talyler, just hit up the tracks more often and practice your launching because most of us are not born launchers. Use some of the advices given on this thread. It took me several trips to the track to go from 2.4s to 2.1s. So just keep on practicing, you will get it, and dont mind Blaisin' Mister Neon too much...

Also I dont know about your track, but at Sacramento Raceway, during winter, the track is slick as hell. I was only able to cut great 60's during spring and summer. So the colder temps do play a role in your 60's too since the ground is colder, your tires are colder and no all season tire (assuming you are still running the POS stockies) will grip at this condition.

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
yea neon stop badmouthing the guy. everyone's first time at the track was "oh, green light means i should go"

besides, look at your own time. you got a 2.0 60' vs me getting 2.3 60' yet you're only 4thousands ahead of me in the ET.

first buncha times I went to track, i got ET's anywhere from 15.4 to 15.9 w/ 2.4 - 2.5 60' after some practice, i started hitting low 2.4's and getting pretty consistent 15.2 - 15.3 I installed the ES motor mounts to help and only got a couple of runs in. high 2.3 60's and hitting 15.0's My time hitting the 14.99's I just got luckier. But I'm still proud to call myself a 14sec clubber :)

lesson: practice practice until you can't see any gains in time, add a mod to help, lather, rinse, repeat.

Those tracks make a fortune off us hehe

·
Registered
479 Posts
MmmotorNutz said:
How many times did you get to run before you were able to get that 14.9? And klutch hits the track a lot, thus the 2.1s.
I've been to the track four or five times, but only once with my 205/55/14s, rest were with my daily 195/60/14s (best of 15.18 and a 2.18 60').

MmmotorNutz said:
Why dont you try helping the guy out by giving him some pointers, instead of telling him that he cant drive.
That's why I linked him to the vid....

MmmotorNutz said:
Also I dont know about your track, but at Sacramento Raceway, during winter, the track is slick as hell. I was only able to cut great 60's during spring and summer. So the colder temps do play a role in your 60's too since the ground is colder, your tires are colder and no all season tire (assuming you are still running the POS stockies) will grip at this condition.
I've found it more useful heat the tires in cold conditions.. I've cut 2.1s and 2.0s in low 40 degree temps.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts