Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
K Builder
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple on this site know, but not many...

i started working on a vortech prototype ever since i got my rsx. the system isn't simple because of space restrictions so everything must be done a certain way and can't be left out, otherwise the kit would not work.

first off... most of this work is all prototype and can't be duplicated easily. even copied easily. Therefore i won't mind releasing pictures when the kit is complete, but in the prototype stage i'm not yet releasing any. I will allow do a DYI on another couple things that i must do before hand and could be useful for others.

first part is converting a hydrolic powersteering to EPS from the EP3. (the parts should have been here today but alas they aren't) once the peices arrive i will start on the project and advise you then) i've studied this many hours and studied the engine bay and this would be the simplest part of the project. Worse case is is have to tig weld aluminum extensions to clear the firewall from the top of the servo motor wheres it's running close to some lines....

next step is battery relocation in the trunk, to clear room for the blower assembly using an optima redtop, and custom alumium cover.

the blower is supported on the front mount of the block, and tranny mount, if the motor twist the blowerfollows, it also is shaft driven. The power steering pulley is freed because of the EPS system, and it's machined to have the pulley turn the shaft to the opposite end of the engine. because of clearance issues the shaft is close to the manifold, so i needs to be fabriated along with the fuel line and positioning.

I had to reconstruct another intake plenum to clear, fuel rail and injectors... hytech might be jelous :) hahahaha... (shhhh) eh.... yeah

then the pulley goes to the blower.

the blower exits the aircharge towards the rear of the bay, where it runs into the water/air, before turing a 180 into the manifold with a factory angled throttlebody to limit the resistance in harsh angles.

for tunning it will wait until i can get the Kpro (allready have a Spare S computer on the desk)

until now:

the TB modifications (65mm plate) 70mm bore) is complete
the intake manifold is 95 complete (adjustable plenum is left 2 to choose)
aluminum support blower brakets left to be tigged for rigitity.
2 water/air cores need to be completed (20% done)
eps system (pending install two nights basically on the hoist)
prototype rail and injector setup (90%)
stainless shaft, 3 adapters, and roller bearings maching stock pump (needs work)

tunning... (worry for that later)

I have everything except a wastegate which i will be looking for shortly. I will be using a wastegate to ensure no boost creap beyond usable levels during tuning...

after all the blower is a V1 Strim (mustan-camaro)... not a v9 from a puny B series kit :)

i'll keep you guys updated when i can... i expect this kit to turn the key on in 6 weeks, for the next show..

i'll take a couple pics if i can borrow a cam ouf the gear but not the mounts incase vortech decides to steel the idea :)

any suggestions, comments toss them my way. oh and for those asking why ???

what else do you do when you have all the parts in a box and a car in the garage for winter storage ?

·
K Builder
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sousuke said:
You are doing this on a K20A?
k20a3 for now, after kit is done, swapping a k24a2 and carrying over the kit.... decided on this motor since A, cheap to replace if it goes, B it's allready in the car, and 3, low boost pistons when i starting tuning on the k-pro since not many people will be able to help for this type of setup...

worse case if something doens't fit afterwards, i'll slap the peices on the milling machine, the late, or pullout the miller tig.. eitheway it will work... aluminum doesn't control me.. i do :)

·
parts selling freak
1,409 Posts
at first i would have choosen the vortech over the jackson, i like what they done with the b series and it has a intercooler. but looking at what all you have to do to get it to fit,i kinda frown on that. the results that the jackson is starting to produce, i dont see how the vortech can be much better!?! please keep us updated. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
I was thinking if I ever blow my type s motor ill just run a base motor with boost

·
K Builder
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jdm daniel 82 said:
so should we be expecting a vortech supercharger for the rsx type s in the future?? if so that would be nice and i'd wait for it
The kit is a protoype that i'm building for myself, I don't plan on selling the kit. due to the work out, but i'm certain after i get it working and tuned, once the numbers speak for themselves, somebody will either "A" copy the kit or make one since jackson racing kits are going like hotcakes :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
hotwheelz said:
The kit is a protoype that i'm building for myself, I don't plan on selling the kit. due to the work out, but i'm certain after i get it working and tuned, once the numbers speak for themselves, somebody will either "A" copy the kit or make one since jackson racing kits are going like hotcakes :)
o ic i read it wrong...i thought vortech was using your car as a prototype haha got my hopes up there

·
Registered
93 Posts
hotwheelz said:
o ic i read it wrong i thought vortech was using your car as a prototype haha got my hopes up there

1 - 14 of 14 Posts