Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I'm a DSM owner, I drive a AWD 2g. I see you guys are having traction problems with boost. Me being AWD i dont halfto worrie about traction issues, but some of my buddies who have GST's do. Has anyone tryed a Dual Stage Boost Controler.. TurboXS has a real nice one that goes for aound 240$ you Launch on low boost and then flip a swich inside your cockpit and go to your higher boost settings. Not sure if this will work for you guys running low boost, but its worth a shot. I'm interested in getting a RSX but I think i might hate FWD. Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
340 Posts
FWD cars benefit from suspension/tire tuning and traction bars..Hopefully more traction bars will become available for the RSX..Z-10 makes a nice one for DC2, EG, etc..

Slicks are also a good track option..

You can make FWD cars make good traction, you just need to understand proper suspension tuning and power ratios..

You also have to learn to drive your car for the best traction (take to track, keep driving, you'll figure it out)..

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
ahh, the all important LSD.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
teamxrsx said:
ahh, the all important LSD.
LSD would just ensure that you spin BOTH wheels helplessly in search of traction......

A dual stage boost controller would definitely be a good idea, and a good stiff suspension to minimize weight shifting under acceleration.

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
Obviously, it is better to be applying power to two wheels rather than one.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You can drive daily with the traction bar installed..they are used for drag racing and road racing..

Z10 makes them for the DC2 Integra and 92-00 Civics, but no listing yet for the DC5 on these, hopefully they will make them SOON
:D

Here is the website to view how they work for the DC2 and 92-00 Civics : http://www.z10eng.com

Its under the suspension tab at the top of the website..

They make a huge difference..My buddy had this system on a 01 Type R with Falken Azenis 205/50/15 and pulled a 1.9 60ft all-motor..NO wheel hop :)..

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
bluesiTYPER said:
You can drive daily with the traction bar installed..they are used for drag racing and road racing..

Z10 makes them for the DC2 Integra and 92-00 Civics, but no listing yet for the DC5 on these, hopefully they will make them SOON
:D

Here is the website to view how they work for the DC2 and 92-00 Civics : http://www.z10eng.com

Its under the suspension tab at the top of the website..

They make a huge difference..My buddy had this system on a 01 Type R with Falken Azenis 205/50/15 and pulled a 1.9 60ft all-motor..NO wheel hop :)..
Thanks for the info. Cheap as well:thumbsup: Anyone else have experience with traction bars?

·
Registered
340 Posts
MrBurner, once the link fully loads in the top right of the screen there are some listings in black..One is suspension..when you move your cursor over it, it brings a pull-menu w/traction bars in it..

·
Traction is for pussies
4,404 Posts
btw, we should get a bunch of people together in another thread to say "i want this...i would totally buy it if it were out" and then send a link to the company

count me in...i would buy this in 1 second if it were out right now

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am in contact with them currently regarding this..I will keep everyone posted and if necessary, we will create that post..I'll let you know..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts