Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

fixed motor mounts

5K views 28 replies 5 participants last post by  mfarmakas17 
#1 ·
bought 3m window weld and squrt inside ducktape on oppisite side used a butter knife to smooth out and to try to elliminate air bubbles and gaps then removed tape and filled any voids then smoothed out no let it cure 6 days then install and let cure for 2 more weeks in a heated garage next time i will try flex seal liquid to test

#2 ·
Ok so it’s bin about 4 full days of letting the 3m window weld cure I will tell you this if you watched a video of someone doing this and said let it sit for 24-48 hours they don’t know what they are talking about

What you need to do is let it sit and even say where you filled in you can push it
So first day I pushed all of it outside was dry but inside was very soft still so what I was doing was pushing it around inside to get rid of any air bubbles if you have any that’s not good

What I did was found one that had a big one so I kept pushing on it then it popped a whole let the air out and it was definitely not cured at all

Every day it feels firmer and firmer I would say 2 weeks at least before you use and drive on them they were kept in a finished basement new house so very little moisture and heated very well

I will be making a boxes out of plexiglass so you can watch dry and I will use 2-3 different materials

First one is 3m window weld
Second is a liquid polyurethane
Third is. Flex seal Liquid in a can

Tests I want to do are drop them from 10 feet and see how high they each bounce
Cure times

And Then put back in the box I made and let the sun beat down on it for a month during the summer to see if it has expanded or if has srunk and how much after this the final test is to cut in half to see how easy it is to cut and if their are air bubles etc

I am really exited to try flex seal cause I found no one to use flex seal this way
Some people don’t like polyurethan because makes to stiff and cause car to vibrate

Then people want a alternative to stock why is their only this one option I think I since flex seal is softer and it’s a pvc flexing product it might be softer and better then factory my goal is find out if the flex seal seams to work good and solid I will buy some used motor mounts and pour into the factory mounts 2 test preferably if I can find 2 sets if motor mounts

1 test will be just full the open holes with it then the
Second test would be remove rubber inserts then pour flex seal in and make a complete insert now test out and put in car after cure time needed and drive over pit holes etc drive hard and stop and go traffic etc find a comparison if the flex seal works better I will use the solid flex seal mounts and test for a season with raceing etc to test the longevity out of it and then possibly if my other buddy would be interested let him try the other and when the season is done remove both sets and expect to see how well it held up !
I will let you all know what I find out

#5 ·
Yes I thought of doing that little bye little but I was not sure how it won’t bond I did not want to do more then one layer and I’m still waiting on part in mail any way so it has time to fully cure I feel doing all at once is best

And to the car laughing at flex seal have you used it before ? Cause you seem apparent it won’t work I have used before and it cures to be the same feeling as rubber so why not try it it might work good

So unless you have tried it before don’t knock it till you have tried it might be better then aftermarket ones not everyone wants their car shaking to shit

#6 ·
See I was starting to like this forum and if I’m going to start being trolled I will just leave fuck it cause I’m tired of losers who want to start shit over the Internet who have nothing better to do ! Sorry you hate your life and don’t have one fuck out of here no one asked your opinion black rooster what ever your name is !

All this is for shits and giggles to try shit out you apparently did not read the whole post so move along Internet troller like seriously your s fucking loser

#8 ·
No need to get so upset over the internet. There are lots of people on this forum that have helped you already with your 17 transmission threads. If you want to try the flex seal on your mounts, then go for it, you're entitled to it. Just like he is allowed to share his opinion on what you choose to share in these threads.

Now, onto what you were talking about. I understand completely being on a budget, but I don't get why you would want to band-aid problems that are easily solved in the aftermarket world. Hell, even OEM mounts shouldn't be too expensive and worth the extra peace of mind.

#7 ·
dude calm down. he gave his opinion thats all. You don't know him, his opinion shouldn't matter enough to make you mad. You cant expect people not to give their opinion on this forum or any other.

I don't see anything wrong with the flex seal idea. The mount is half full of rubber already so filling it up with flex seal liquid rubber can't hurt. I think it'll give some improvement.

shit back in the day (probably like 15yrs ago) i filled the mounts on my eclipse with black RTV. It took alot of the flex out of them.

#9 ·
Well I was not
Posting this post for anyone opinion I was posting on how to do etc and yes I appreciate the help with the transmission problem I have it was greatly appreciated

And no I’m not looking for a band aid and have you priced motor mounts out

Oem ones only place I have found oem motor mounts are from a dealer no where online for oem ones they cost about $1000 for all of them yea hard to believe but each one is around $250 ore more I have it wrote down some where exactly what the dealer said

And aftermarket ones are a solution for raceing and if you want your car to shake

Well I’m not ok with my car shaking I don’t like subs for that reason it’s already a old car no need to rattle shit apart and if I was strictly using the car for racing then yes get aftermarket

I have seen plenty of people use 3m window weld or other stuff but 3m window weld was suggested the most and lasting over 2 years for some people

I was making this post to let people know my experience with it and let people know that I think it all depends if you let them cure all the way

And yes flex seal is not a polyurethane
It is

EPDM Rubber (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer)

Advantages:
• A high performance synthetic rubber.
• Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer has excellent resistance to ozone, weathering and sunlight.
• Excellent heat resistance and very good flexibility at low temperature.
• EPDM generic temperature range is -50ºC/+150ºC.
• Flexseal states: continuous operation at 80ºC; intermittent at 100ºC.
• Has a good general chemical resistance and can be used above ground.
• Inherently has good resistance to alkalis, acids and oxygenated solvents.
• Superior resistance to water & steam.

Limitations:
• EPDM has poor resistance to oil, gasoline and hydrocarbon solvents.

I don’t see why it would not work a small container cost $13 why would I. Not try it shit if it does not work theb oh well I’m out the little money I spent on the experiment

I have used every one of the products only one I don’t care for is the caulking it make a good rubber but has a hard time keeping contact to some things

#12 ·
I have seen videos of it rattling and yea I’m not a fan of subs cause it rattles shit loose and

I clearly stated I was going to do test to see how they stand up for a month and then if they stand up compatible from the summer heats out side then I will try installing them
In car for a season etc to see how well they do shit your dogging it before you tried it no one has tried it yea most likely will be garbage but you don’t know as far as I seen no one has tried it I’m building a tiny home and used all the flex seal products and that all work except the caulking but have to have comon sense and apply like paint but people say it does not work but my experience it has

And aftermarket is more for someone who wants that aftermarket shake I don’t I just wanted new motor mounts but don’t want after market and oem cost around $1000 for all of them at the dealer !

So it’s eather buy cheap chinease ones that don’t last or buy aftermarket and have your car shake to shit

This is only a test and I was explaining my test in clear detail
And was going to post my results when I got them that was it ! It’s for shits and giggles cause far as any one thinks right now it won’t work !

But what if they do work better then people think and last just as long !

Someone could make a actuall product to sell for a alternative it’s not a band aid I have seen plenty of people use it and last long time ! And I seen people who said they let cure for only 2 days say it’s garbage well because 2 days as I said is not long enough to cure all the way thrue !
Every day I feel them and after every 2 days goes bye I feel them getting stiffer !

So yea I’m tired of people trolling ! I try and sell shit on different places get trolling I’m not a kid anymore I’m a adult and don’t have any room for those childish games ! So you go ahead and do what you want but I clearly stated I don’t want my car shaking to shit weather it’s a little I don’t want my car rattling Unless it’s strictly a race car and it’s not for me it’s more of a daily driver to take to track at times

#13 · (Edited)
#14 ·
I have seen videos of it rattling and yea I’m not a fan of subs cause it rattles shit loose and

I clearly stated I was going to do test to see how they stand up for a month and then if they stand up compatible from the summer heats out side then I will try installing them
In car for a season etc to see how well they do shit your dogging it before you tried it no one has tried it yea most likely will be garbage but you don’t know as far as I seen no one has tried it I’m building a tiny home and used all the flex seal products and that all work except the caulking but have to have comon sense and apply like paint but people say it does not work but my experience it has

And aftermarket is more for someone who wants that aftermarket shake I don’t I just wanted new motor mounts but don’t want after market and oem cost around $1000 for all of them at the dealer !

So it’s eather buy cheap chinease ones that don’t last or buy aftermarket and have your car shake to shit

This is only a test and I was explaining my test in clear detail
And was going to post my results when I got them that was it ! It’s for shits and giggles cause far as any one thinks right now it won’t work !

But what if they do work better then people think and last just as long !

Someone could make a actuall product to sell for a alternative it’s not a band aid I have seen plenty of people use it and last long time ! And I seen people who said they let cure for only 2 days say it’s garbage well because 2 days as I said is not long enough to cure all the way thrue !
Every day I feel them and after every 2 days goes bye I feel them getting stiffer !

So yea I’m tired of people trolling ! I try and sell shit on different places get trolling I’m not a kid anymore I’m a adult and don’t have any room for those childish games ! So you go ahead and do what you want but I clearly stated I don’t want my car shaking to shit weather it’s a little I don’t want my car rattling Unless it’s strictly a race car and it’s not for me it’s more of a daily driver to take to track at times

And on the note for 350 degrees I believe that’s for applying to something hot etc yes motor mounts my get hot but will never reach 350 degrees

#15 ·
And yes I know they sell the liquid polyurethan I don’t want raceing mounts only way I would buy the liquid stuff it would buy the 50a stiffness and try that

The point is to just try

It will not be applied to anything that has direct heat so it should be find ! And that’s why I’m going to be doing test to see how they stand up

Main goal is to look for something different then polyurethan cause I don’t want my car shaking as I said about multiple times
This is for not a band aid fix yet to test to see how long it off flex seal will last ! I hope it works
So I can show you all that being optimistic instead of saying oh nope it’s not going to work etc lol it cost $13 for the can and can get used mounts on Facebook marketplace etc so I’m sure I will be fine with spending a little money to experiment in my free time

#16 ·
I literally dont think the guys commenting get the point of this post it’s for someone who might want more then stock but not as much as aftermarket!

That’s it yea flex seal might not work but shit you never know unless someone tries it once only problem I would be worried about how much it will shrink compared to 3m window weld Their was little to none shrinkige on the 3m window weld those are getting installed tomorow after we finish up the transmission just got my new inner transmission case

#17 ·
We understand what your trying to do but your so closed minded your not taking into consideration with what we have to say. we get it you said it numerous times. You dont have to keep repeating yourself to get your point across. you keep defending yourself over and over just to prove your right

relax. you gotta pay to play when it comes to our cars. If u cant afford OEM then theres your issue. No one is telling you that u cant ghetto rig your car. SIMPLE AS THAT

/thread

#18 ·
Lol ghetto rig see that’s funny ! If your stupid to spend $1000 on motor mounts your a new breed and no one said ghetto rig it’s called being a opertunist as far as you know it could be better then anything else used I never said I’m just going to make flex seal mounts and call it a day it would go thrue countless tests etc yes might not work but I never said I was ghetto rigging my car ??? and no money is a issue when you are building your house and you do concrete in the summer so not as much income coming in ! And even if it was summer I would never spend $1000 on motor mounts ! That’s retarded !
But hey you can call it ghetto rigging what ever you want but it’s actually not cause I simply stated it’s a test I wanted to do ! To see and I already made my motor mounts flex seal I can’t use till it gets warmer !

And not trying to defend I only repeat my self cause you all seem to keep repeating the same thing it won’t work it won’t work and not one person has tried it ! Shit you even saying it’s garbage before you try it and that’s just pure arrogance Simple as that ! No one said you have to like my idea to try it out at all I could care less but like I said you don’t know how it would turn out at all so what’s the problem with a little experiment ! But hey go ahead and be a goofey and spend $1000 on oem motor mounts !

#19 ·
And why would I take into consideration your saying it won’t work tell me what is your proof it won’t work ! I already know all the stuff you told me witch is why I said I’m going to test it out and yea might not work or hold up but if you can’t afford to lose 13$ then yea maybe go get a better job cause I can afford to lose 1/8 of a hr I worked to try a simple experiment out !

And so that’s why I’m going to do some tests on it before just doing it then installing it I have way to much money in car for mounts to fail but I also am a entrepreneur and far as anyone could know it could work and I could mass produce them and make bank but you guys are simple minded and want to buy stuff that cost expensive just cause it’s expensive does not mean it’s better FYI

#20 · (Edited)
They do make some nice aftermarket mounts that are soft. I had Hasport 89A mounts on my car and it didn't vibrate at all..

Now that I've said that, Im gonng have the flex seal guy bash me over the head.

Guy, you're talking to yourself in here and have done nothing but bitch and moan to everyone on this site. You ask for help or opinions and then get upset when we have a view that is different to yours. Please, if you aren't going to listen to, or at the very least, take in to consideration our points of view, then please do yourself a favor and do not post. No one here cares if you are an entrepreneur.. I can promise no one will want to do you flex seal fix and have their engine fall out. Most folks would rather do it the right way and know that they aren't going to have an engine in their lap.

Can a Mod or Admin come in here and close out this thread? Nothing constructive is happening in this thread and it needs to be put in the bin.

BlackRooster.. I love you my son

:coffee:

#21 ·
Well I was not asking for anyone opinion on this thread and what else have a bashed about lol not even bashed anyone thanks !! Lol and it’s more people telling me that shit is not going to
Work and well your the first I have heard that has not had vibrations ! I have seen plenty of videos and I could care less what you use yes cool thanks for the opinion but since I was not asking for anyone opinion on this thread I really don’t need to take it now if I ask for help I will take someone advice lol but again I don’t see anywhere on this thread asking for help with motor mounts so
Mr dad you can leave or deal with me not listening to opinions that are irrelevant since you have not tried flex seal your opinion is irrelevant thanks

#23 ·
Get what? This is a diy thread so basically what you all are saying is since you don’t agree with me talking about what I’m going to experiment and then share my results ? What’s wrong with that if anyone is not doing anything constructive is you all are attacking me cause I want to do test I already said like 3 times yes it might not work but no one has tried it so thought it would be fun to try and it’s got off total topic it was originally how to do 3m window weld motor mounts properly and was going to talk about my results as soon as I start driving on them ! I don’t get the problem? I never asked for advice on motor mounts other then a different thread if they shake and plenty of people told me they shake

I CLEARLY STATED I DONT WANT MY CAR SHAKING AND I ALSO CLEARLY STATED IM NOT SPENDING $1000 ON OEM PARTS.
So why do I have to say ok I won’t spend my $13 on some flex seal to just see how it works !

I don’t understand you guys like why the fuck are you guys trolling me ! I did not ask for opining sure you can voice it but you are all getting mad that I don’t follow advice when I never asked for it in this forum !

And one said it’s a band aid well he also stated he never tried 3m window weld well I watched plenty of videos I read reviews of people using them and they said it was better then oem but not as good as aftermarket but don’t cause car to shake like after market but still a tad

So my goal was to test flex seal out cause it is a rubber substance but you all are saying I have to do it your way or get the hell out of here !! Sorry but I’m not doing anything wrong with sharing my thoughts and my test results! Thanks but if you don’t like my ambition to test things out ! Don’t comment don’t even look at my threads Jesus ! So yea stop harassing me then since you think your the god of knowing what is wright and what won’t work pulling info out of your own butt is what it is simple as that so I say good day to you and I’m going to get back to my main topic! That I started Jesus Christ y’all a bunch of little kids

#24 ·
Then if this is a DIY thread.. actually show us something. How did you come up with the idea, what are your goals for this DIY, post up some pictures of what you're talking about like all the other good DIY's on this site. If someone wanted to accomplish the same thing you are going for, would they be able to with the information you provided?

So instead of sending PM's to people, focus on what you're trying to provide to others to actually gain something from this site and not see you posting angry replies saying that no one else has a life besides you

cheers

#25 ·
Dude you really need to get s life cause obviously you have nothing better to do ! If you actually read what I said you would see I can’t do the full fake. Seal till summer it’s winter duhh and the advice for the 3m window weld was just to let people know the cure time was not only 24-48 hours theirs no point in showing a video or pics of that cause video and pick can’t tell how soft or hard it gets say by day!

Like I said if you don’t like it then get off this forum I posted simple as that ! You need to grow up ! For real don’t comment on my post again since apparently all you want to do is bitch about how I made the forum first you need to read what I typed not half of it !?? cause it’s apparent you did not

#26 ·
Dude you really need to get s life cause obviously you have nothing better to do ! If you actually read what I said you would see I can’t do the full fake. Seal till summer it’s winter duhh and the advice for the 3m window weld was just to let people know the cure time was not only 24-48 hours theirs no point in showing a video or pics of that cause video and pick can’t tell how soft or hard it gets say by day!

Like I said if you don’t like it then get off this forum I posted simple as that ! You need to grow up ! For real don’t comment on my post again since apparently all you want to do is bitch about how I made the forum first you need to read what I typed not half of it !?? cause it’s apparent you did not

#27 ·
If you don’t have questions then leave simple as that if you are to lazy then leave but thanks now I’m making a new one cause you pretty much spammed the fuck out of this forum
Do me a favor don’t comment on my shit any more since you apparently have a problem with me or what or how I post things ! Jesus Christ

#28 · (Edited)
I have a genuine question..

Why do you send me a PM and then leave 3 replies to yourself in a supposed DIY thread?

Why don't you get back to the DIY? How did everything look after it cured? Did you get to bounce them off the ground like you wanted? In for more updates on your handyman in a can fix

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.