Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
slow af
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before anyone says anything obviously i know it would be better just to buy a new header but the place i was working recently ended there contractor helpers aka me so im currently jobless and this breaking was very last minute. anyway i have a DC Race header on my car 02 base 5 spd. it cracked right were i put the red line in the picture below just wondering if anyone has an idea on how i can just fix this until i can buy a new one? ive tried using that exhaust tape and wrapped it around a few times and used to hose clamps but it keeps blowing out. ive read online i can use jb weld? not sure how strong it is maybe do the jb weld wrap it with more exhaust tape? any help would be awesome just need something to last a few months.

G

·
It would have to be welded in order for the fix to be permament. You might be better off just buying an OEM shorty header from a salvage yard. I'm sure they're dirt-cheap.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
ya i mean take it off and leave it with any metalworking place for a day... clean up the metal for em so all thy have to do is weld and it will be like 30 bucks...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.