Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this scratch about a year ago, and my dad tried to buff it out using Turtle Wax Rubbing Compound. Reverse effect: it clouded the paint around the scratch, so it looks slightly grayer in that area than the Nighthawk Black Pearl color of my car. I think his mistake was not waxing it right after to protect the OEM paint. Is this fixable? Can I bring it to a shop where they can restore the original status of the paintjob without leaving it noticeable that something happened there? I haven't brought it in to get fixed because I'm planning on getting all my dents, scratches, and that "buffer mark" fixed at the same time. But I noticed that whenever I wax my car, the cloudy buffer mark almost entirely disappears (until the wax wears off)... then it comes back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ruken said:
I got this scratch about a year ago, and my dad tried to buff it out using Turtle Wax Rubbing Compound. Reverse effect: it clouded the paint around the scratch, so it looks slightly grayer in that area than the Nighthawk Black Pearl color of my car. I think his mistake was not waxing it right after to protect the OEM paint. Is this fixable? Can I bring it to a shop where they can restore the original status of the paintjob without leaving it noticeable that something happened there? I haven't brought it in to get fixed because I'm planning on getting all my dents, scratches, and that "buffer mark" fixed at the same time. But I noticed that whenever I wax my car, the cloudy buffer mark almost entirely disappears (until the wax wears off)... then it comes back.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
puma said:
A buffer mark caused by rubbing compound can be removed with polish.
By buffer mark do you mean kinda cloudied paint, cuz I'm not sure I used the right term. Anyway, thanks for the help. I shoulda picked up polish yesterday when I was at the Meguiar's store in Newport Beach. Instead, I picked up Show Car Glaze (#7) and Trim Shine, as well as a nice little microfiber towel and some circular wax appliers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a clouded mark on satin silver rsx caused by same rubbing compound and was able to remove it with some polish. Dark colored car may be different though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts