Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Rice Picker
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone heard of sanding the carbon down off of the pads and rotors?

·
Rice Picker
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol...the squeaking means its time for new pads
umm my pads are pretty thick i dont think its worn down at all, i think its just some carbon build up.

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
yea....no, its prolly time for new pads

i dont see how carbon could build up on the pads and rotors

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
yea ok.....the rotors and pads are constantly grinding on each other, i highly doubt any carbon could build up on them enough to squeek. basically unless there is a rock stuck in there or u have racing pads then ur pads are worn

·
likes to troubleshoot
2,539 Posts
:iamwiths:

You need to lube the backs of the pads and pad shims with brake grease. An auto parts store will have the grease you need. Make sure you get the right grease--no other grease is suitable but high-temp brake grease.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i'm getting a sound from brakes too, i just installed hawk ceramic pads and i'm wondering if its because of the higher performance pads, or something else. The noise doesn't always happen, usually after a period of driving and only when the brake pedal is partly depressed. When braking hard there is no sound.

·
Registered
135 Posts
take the pads out put mollycoat on the back side of them, cut the wear indicator off, molycoat the caliper bolts and you should be set.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Do you mean brake dust and not carbon, cuz carbon build up is what you find on you exhaust valves. But anyway, there are anti-squeek libricants that you can soak into the pad material. A few coats of that and some grease on the backside and mounting hardware and you should be good.

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
Well cutting the wear indicator off stops sqeaks.
and could cause u to seriously fuck up ur rotors...or kill urself depending on how u look at it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts