Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
:)
15,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FKed over at local performance shop!!!(AAP Motorsports in Suwanee, GA)

I took my 06 RSX to get some gauges installed(oil pressure, a/f, and boost) at a local shop. They quoted me for 2 hours of labor, and then worked on it for 6 hours. Billed me 3 hours at $250. So, my oil pressure worked, and the a/f somewhat. They kid said he wouldn't figure out which wire was to the 02 sensor. I was like wtf? I was 1 hour late to work that day too.. He couldn't figure out to install a/f, and said my boost sender was bad, and did the oil pressure gauge. Told me to come back with a new boost sender. I was like whatever. They wired my a/f to something, I am guessing the throttle wire off my ecu b/c it starts out very weirdly... They must think I am idiot. Anyways, 4 days later, I am driving on GA-400, and my car smells like a burnt smell, I thought it was the outside air. And then at the light, my engine bay was smoking... I pulled over ASAP in the parking lot. Looked in my engine bay, oil was spilling out where the shop installed the fitting to the oil sending unit... Oil was all over m

·
15,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Tow truck driver was very nice, and took good care of the car, had boards so my RSX didn't scrape the front bumper... We towed it to Jackson Acura. NEw Acura dealer that opens until midnight everynight for service.. Anyways, took it to them around 9:30pm. We jacked it up, oil was all over my underchassis and kept dripping out.. They gave me a nice 06 TL Loaner car to drive until they could fix the problem. It look like the fitting the shoped installed was cracked. (Either over-torqued or etc). The oil sending until should have been mounted at a more sturdy place so it wouldn't vibrate soo much and crack the fitting. They should have used a steel braided hose with fitting and then mounted the sending until towards the firewall.. Got billed for $114 (including oil change and labor) Anyways, I am pissed as hell at this point..
Monday morning, I got pick up my car from Acura. They put in the stock oil sending until back in and took out the aftermarket one. Everything is fine and car runs good.. Time to go confront the shop...

·
15,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Went to the performance shop today and showed them the reciept on what happened and explained calmly on what happened. They were like, what do you want me to do? I told them I would like to be reimbursed for my $114 bill from Acura and also the $250 labor they charged me to install the gauges. They gave me a huge attitude, said it wasn't there fault, how I had cheap gauges, and it was installed correctly. They said they can fix it, but I told them I didn't want them to touch my car ever again and just want my money back. I also told them they were lucky my oil didn't drain out completely and they would have to pay for a new engine, and the shop owner said they have $50,000 supra engines that go out and thats just life, it happens. I was very pissed at this point. I told them I may just have to take it with my lawyers. I called the local police to see if they could do anything, they told me to go to small claims court. I will be doing that and also calling my lawyer tomorrow. And also the 1 guy went after me personally and was very rude to me.. Either way, I am going to talk to the city hall, ga consumer complaint, and also ga business bureau. I also have talked to my credit card company and I won't be charged that yet. They also had a nerve to say they work on $100,000 Supra, Evos, $$$$ cars, and my RSX ain't shit... Man, I had to vent. You know, RSX isn't all that, but It means alot to me. And with 10,000 miles on it, its brand new to me.. I resented that statement.. BAsically what happened was, they let a 17 yr old kid work on my car and the TOP mechanic was working on $100,000 project supras and evos. My RSX wasn't worthly enough for the TOP guy to do...
They also said, you car is fine now, so wtf is the problem? I am like, its fine b/c Acura fixed it. Why would I want the performace shop to touch my car again after Acura fixed it, right?

·
15,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am soo grateful my oil didn't completely drain out... B/c Acura wouldn't have warranty that b/c the bs shop fked it up and it would of voided the warranty...

·
Registered
26,114 Posts
thats bs! they should treat the cars as top car, give me a break. thats good, take up to a higher authority now, just dont go back to the shop until its handled, and leave them out of it, just to keep your ass covered. I hate when people pull that crap like that.. gl with that bro, let us know how it goes.

·
Robsrsx
478 Posts
if the court thing dosen't work out with them and you don't get your money back, than put a brick through their shops window in a few months , payback is a bitch!!!

·
15,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the support guys. I know my RSX isn't a $100,000 supra project but it is to me! lol

·
Registered
264 Posts
A good shop will give quality work no matter the total cost of the car. I am sure those guys' first cars were $100,000...high probability that they weren't. I hope things work out to your favor. One reason why I like doing work myself. A lot of people need to get off their high horse (aka. the perf. shop). And it also says a lot when their $50,000 supra engines are blowing up (yes, i know, it happens).

·
15,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i wonder if i had an evo or STI, THAT I WOULD GOT BETTER TREATMENT. they used jackstands on my car, not even let me use their lifts.

·
15,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rsx=expensive civic in their eyes.

·
15,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol, yeah!

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
hope you wring them for all they're worth.

·
Registered
607 Posts
They also said, you car is fine now, so wtf is the problem?
"The car is fine now because acura fixed the problem that came from your work. I had to pay them to fix the problem that i paid YOU to do. So I want my money back since i had to pay someone else for your fuck up's which I also paid for."

$$$$$

Sounds like jerks to me.

But did they say they would have been fine replacing your engine???

Post up the name of said shitty shop.

Also he couldnt figure out how to install the a/f gauge??? WTF.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts