Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Base
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

Got my '06 RSX as my first car about a year ago now, and I put a pair of fogs on her (the only mod I have done and plan on doing). Anyways, the switch I received with these fogs does not look OEM enough! The switch itself lights up bright green and does not fit snug in the spot for it.
From what I understand, fogs came stock on some '02s to '04s... although I cant find any evidence of that. Can someone help me out/educate me on the history of fogs on these?
Anyways, I was wondering for those who have fogs on your '05s and '06s, what kind of button do you have installed?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I can't tell you the history on the fogs but I'm more then sure that we have the same kit. I hated the green light being illuminated while the car was on.

What I did to mine when I had fogs was take a part the switch to identify which led came on as soon as there was power and broke the led off of the board. Now it only turned green when the fog lights were switched on.

For some reason I do have an OE fog light switch in my tool box, but I'm sure there's a bit of stock wiring you would need to have that work.

·
Registered
Base
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fair enough. I am pretty sure the connector on the back of the switch is different on the OEM one to ours, but I am sure it would not be impossible to find an adapter/solution.
The history of the fogs does intrigue me though!

Seriously sounds like a good idea btw! I know there is a second light that comes on when you press the fogs on, so ill have a look at what you did. Thanks for the reply!

If anyone had any other solutions, don't hesitate to reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts