Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**I searched first and didn't find this particular issue, but if anyone is aware of an existing thread for this problem please point me in the right direction and I'll delete this post.**

I picked up a set of these and have been trying to cut out the bumper to get them to seat right... unless I really really cram em in there, which I'd rather not do. :ugh:

I have not succeeded.

There's something keeping them from seating into the correct spot and I can't figure out what it is. I even got my dad to take a crack at it as he's much more mechanically fluent than I am and still haven't found the solution.

On Reddit it was suggested to cut out the two little plastic bits that sit along the turn-point of the housing, so I did that and it seemed to help a little, but still just... not right.

As an aside...
The Spec-D Youtube tutorial is kind of ridiculous. They include no measurements and just mark spots for cutting and drilling without an actual reliable way to replicate their placement.

Anyone run into this before? I just want to be done with this so I can get my car put back together

Thanks folks :fistbump:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not sure which fog lights your installing, but i am going to be doing the same myself very soon.
I have my OEM fog lights, and found a PDF file from the factory on how to do it, I'll post the file below if it helps.
I see yours is the 02-04, and the actual of the light housing i can't help with, but the file is for the wiring OEM style.
I do understand there are many ways to wire up these lights, but i would rather do it the way it's done at the dealer.

This is for the 05-06, not sure if the 02-04 is the same.

I'm sure you watched a bunch of videos, but this is a hack type job, but it works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO4lNM1P4-s

View attachment 2006-rsx-fog-lights.pdf

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are those the same make as the ones I have? It looks a lot like it. I swear every RSX I look at with non-OEM fogs use this same kit. And as far as I know I'm the only one that has had trouble getting them in hahaha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is helpful. They seem to be pushing them in against some resistance to mark and drill the holes. It seems strange that they would be made to fit that way, but as long as it works...

I'll go poke around and maybe just lett'r rip.

·
Curious Gooner
3,707 Posts
My compy is having issues looking at photos so I cant see what you have done, but have you tried putting them on the opposite side?? Just a thought.

I had a pair of fogs that were labeled wrong, and the second I put the L on the R side, it fit perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts