Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed fog lights. I followed the instructions to a tee. All the plugs plugged into the factory plug locations with out a problem. Now though the fog lights work but when I turn my lights to parking lot lights the headlights come on and when I turn to headlights they stay the same. Fog lights come fine. What should I check?

·
700p LTR TWS .308
19,493 Posts
fog lights on the RSX are only designed to turn on with regualar headlights. They won't turn on when the parking lights are on or if the high beams are on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can wire it to a 12v constant source if you want and place a switch on them. That way they will be independant of the headlights and parking lights.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

·
700p LTR TWS .308
19,493 Posts
yeah - the foglight hack - on the electronics FAQ. Only issue is that no one figured out how to fix the highbeam light not working after the hack.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Who needs the highbeam with HIDS!!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
muevelonyc said:
fog lights on the RSX are only designed to turn on with regualar headlights. They won't turn on when the parking lights are on or if the high beams are on.
Thats not the issue though. WHen I turn the headlight switch to parking lights the headlights now turn on. Before the only thing that turned on was the parking lights.

·
700p LTR TWS .308
19,493 Posts
ooooh... now I got you. Sounds like you wired the relay wrong then. Check to make sure the relay connections are going to the right connectors on their respective parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts