Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
damn i jus blacknd the headlights they are so sweeet but i have a problem. it seems that i didnt seal the headlights properly so now they are foggiin up like mad!!! can anyone help me or give me some advice on wat kinda sealent i should use/buy?

thanks

·
59 Posts
not that the picture reveals the fogging, but I trust you anyway. There was enough goo left over in my headlights to reseal the headlights and mine have not fogged up once yet and we've had some pretty cold mornings in Boston and I park my car in a relatively warm garage.

I noticed that after removing the clear section from the black backing, the ridges were bent outward a bit. Before I resealed them, I took a pair of pliers and clamped the ridges down while heating them so that maximum adhesion between both sections would occur. Then while resealing, I used clamps to hold everything in place while I heated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ok...might be pain in the ass, but...

it happened to me too when I did my headlights so I took the front bumper off again and then took the headlight assemblies out. I let them sit in the driveay and get nice and hot and then I took the bulbs out of the back...which was followed by a satisfying hiss of air as the nasty hot moist air escaped into the air conditioned surroundings of the house. Then I put the bulbs back in and put everything back together. I got some black silicone from the automotive store in the area and resealed the edges very very well. Havent fogged since, even after driving through a pressure wash :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.