Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First i had a question about the people that got thier installation from cybernation, have you guys experienced any troubles?

I read some people had white smoke coming out of thier exhaust, and was wondering that it was because he got it installed somewhere else?

And If i get a new acura rsx type s, is it wise to get a turbo, i mean i am afraid that i dont understand all the problems you guys are talking about( like oil in the head gasket and in the header and other stuff,).

Plus if you get a turbo, the acura warrenty is gone right?
So if your engine detonates, like someones on this forum has with a cybernation stage 1 kit, what do you do then?

And my last question is, how many times do you guys use ur turbos frequently with no problems, and should i get cybernation to install if i was going to get thier turbo?

·
Registered
419 Posts
if your looking for something you can drive and never have to put any money or maintenance into i dont think you should get a turbo..most problems can be fixed and yes the warranty is void..be sure to break in your motor before you install the kit? problems come with all the big hp gains..dont listen to everything you hear on this forum..alot of ideas and opinions on this forum are tainted (including mine) just look around..

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
yeh ryan is def right........turbo = alot more maintenence and basically more power will equal more problems(generally speaking)......

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See thats my point, i want to learn how to take care of a turbo.

So i will ask alot of newbie questions. ( i also use the search alot!)

·
Registered
340 Posts
ryan34o said:
if your looking for something you can drive and never have to put any money or maintenance into i dont think you should get a turbo..most problems can be fixed and yes the warranty is void..be sure to break in your motor before you install the kit? problems come with all the big hp gains..dont listen to everything you hear on this forum..alot of ideas and opinions on this forum are tainted (including mine) just look around..

:iamwiths:

As previously stated, don't be to quick to believe everything that you hear on these forums..People are quick to post when they have a problem, and sometimes they don't know the entire reason or cause for the problem. Forums are great informational learning tools, but take it all in with a grain of salt..

As far as a turbo, it seems per your previous post that you are new to import modification (sorry if I am wrong)..You might want to start with basic bolt-on performance modifications, and move from there..in the meantime, learn as much as you can if you are interested in forced induction; don't jump into anything that you can't fully back financially; there are a lot of different things to add besides the turbo when making converting N/A cars to turbo..

Attending track events in your area is a great way to get your feet wet with forced induction..Even at the street car events, many of the competitors are around their cars before and after their runs; you'll see how much work actually goes into the setup and how they prepare their cars for the track..

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So how much work do u guys do?
Can you just go to the tracks and take off or do you have to check your turbo after every run?
haha sorry for such fast posting, but to me it sounds like there is no fun and all work and i wanted to know if a turbo was that fragile.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
unlimited77 said:
So how much work do u guys do?
Can you just go to the tracks and take off or do you have to check your turbo after every run?
haha sorry for such fast posting, but to me it sounds like there is no fun and all work and i wanted to know if a turbo was that fragile.

The best thing to do is monitor how your car feels, sounds, and most importantly your gauges.....make sure your stock coolant temp doesnt go above where it should be, make sure your af guage doesnt run lean, and make sure you dont boost higher than your set at.......if you see any smoke or any leaks coming from the car make sure to fix them quick......it sounds like a lot of work but definetly worth all the fun you'll have

·
Registered
340 Posts
Turbos do require babysitting, but if treated correctly and understood completely, the benefits will outweigh the costs..problems come from not paying attention to what the engine is telling you and not understanding what it means..

Sounds a lot like a relationship, I know, but in a way it is haha :)..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts