Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
American HP!!
25,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let me tell you about my friend Mike.

Mike & I have been friends since we were about 7 or 8 yrs old. Mike is a fuck up, he fucks everything up. Mike can not hold a job cause he fucks things up: crashes the work truck, breaks a major pipe while diging with a backhoe, burns soemthing to the ground, etc. , etc...

One day when we were younger Mike calls me & tells me that the radio he installed in his 280zx shorted out & burnt his car. I'm thinkinh a fuse, or maybe even the actual head unit, but when I got to his house his car was BURNT TO A CRISP!!!! nothing left, just a black, charred hunk of metal. :ugh:

Another time I walk up on Mike trying to install a new battery in his car. Sparks are flying everywhere & Mike is cursing up a storm. I come to discover that he is trying to connect the terminals backward. Luckily he only blew a few fuses that time.

Another time Mike borrows a bick rack & bikes from his brother in law, the whole thing flies off the back of the car on the expressway. Mike obviously did not install it correctly, but in his own words "I don't know what happened"

Mike tells me his new toyota carrola has some bad ass header, When I look it infact the stock intake manifold runners. His response "Well, I don't know, but they look cool"

I have many other Mike stories, which I can't remeber at the moment. So where am I going with all this? I saw Mike this past weekend, asked him where he's working at & he tells me Brickell Honda.

He just started as a Honda Tech :noes:

I was like Oh :ugh: OK............

Mike proceeds to tell me how there is no difference between a Civic Si & a regular Civic, the only differences are cosmetic. I try to explain to him about the K20 & such, but he's now a Honda tech & obviously knows more than me :shakehead

HOW THE FUCK CAN THEY HIRE THIS GUY WHEN HE DOESN'T KNOW SHIT !!!!!

shit, you can train a chimpanze to turn a wrench !!! It would probably be safer.

So to all of you kids who think that Honda techs are all knowing, be advised the type of "techs" that they are hiring !!!!

It's just a matter of time before Mike fucks something up. Leaves a wrench inside a valve train, fills up an engine with transmission fluid instead of oil or something to that matter. This is one of my best friend, I know him well. it's just a matter of time :noes:

·
dolan pls
9,956 Posts
This is why I do all the work to my own car. I have had dealership techs tell me numerous times something was wrong and it would be a few grand to fix, and it turns out to be something completely different that cost a fraction of that. I remember a GM dealership tech told me "the trans is shot, needs a new one, the trans fluid has metal chunks and the speed sensor is toast". Well, 75k miles later, I'm still driving on it perfectly fine up to a total of 140k on the trans. The problem was a faulty TPS sensor that cost me 15 bucks and 10 minutes to fix.

I give credit to dealer techs that are experienced and know what they are doign, but fuck the ones that read a book and all of a sudden they are top cock and instantly know everything

·
American HP!!
25,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow! ^^ how do you burn a car down from a radio install. i wonder how long he will last at honda
I kept asking myself that.

All I could say was "how, mike? how???"

"I told you, my radio burnt it" :mad:

BURNT TO A CRISP !!!!!!!

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
lol yargh, thats scary. kinda sounds like one of those people that shouldnt be allowed near tools...

how the fuck does one fuck up a radio install bad enough to burn a car down??? damn.
yeah seriously that's new to me

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
I do all my own work, period.

At least if it fucks up, I know who to blame.

·
no longer moderate
5,145 Posts
Just another reason as to why the honda dealer are in the state they are in, and why this is my last honda, and why they currently don't see my car, and never will again.

·
American HP!!
25,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just another reason as to why the honda dealer are in the state they are in, and why this is my last honda, and why they currently don't see my car, and never will again.
well, I love Honda's reliability & build quality. I have no beef with their production.

this is more for those kids who think that because someone works at Honda they are all knowing.

I'll do all my own work, I have all the tools necessary & the knowledge to go along with them.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.