Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you who want a type-s exhasut to fit your base her is a link to an extention.

type-s to base

I dont have first hand experience with this and sorry if this is a repost, but if anyone does have experience please give your opinion. I cant imagine why it wouldnt work, all base exhausts are made the same and type-s exhasts are made the same (meaning the piping all needs to end at the same spot).

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would think so, if you think about it, all type-s exhuasts have to end in the same place and all base cats end in the same place so theorectically it would be universal.

·
Registered
308 Posts
i emailed 5zigen before about this (about 6 months ago). they said that the project was not feasible with other exhaust...only the 5zigen exhaust. i'm not sure if they were just bullshitting in order to sell their own product. but i do not have the time or money to prove them wrong any ways. just stick with an exhaust made for your car. thats what i did, and i really couldn't be happier.

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
4,713 Posts
yea thats true they are not lieing, i was going to get the 5zigen one but i had to buy the adapter and then it sounded like shit so i was like nah. Ahhh never stick to one for the base!!! Borla here i come!!! i swear this all better bolt up or im going to cry.....very very much...btw are u getting the springs monday?

·
Registered
308 Posts
that greddy will never come out! i wouldnt wait for it if i were you! if you really want it that bad go buy a type s greddy and get it custom fitted. last time i emailed greddy, they said the exhaust would be out in a month.......that was nearly a year ago.....to this day i still dont see the greddy on the market. move on to bigger and better things.....the greddy aint all that good anyways....

·
Registered
308 Posts
well i'm not sure how the greddy sounds exactly...and most sound clips are not accurate! i have the DC sports Twin cannister system...which i think is great. my brother who had a gsr with a greddy exhaust thinks my car sounds better than his. he says my exhaust is throatier than his old greddy. (not sure if this is a good way to compare considering they are two different cars, but thats about the best i can do). hope i helped....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.