Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a investigation for a friend

Did you have any problem with the color of the hood , what i mean is several white spot, like little chip, but too many to consider it like regular chip ?

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
if you're talking about stone chips...then every colour gets them.

on red it would show a little more cause of its a dark colour.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
DSMrsx said:
if you're talking about stone chips...then every colour gets them.

on red it would show a little more cause of its a dark colour.
no, it's really a problem that acura admit in a way in Qc, so i was wondering if other ppl have it.
The guy i know have more than 100 on it, and he drove it for 5 000 km only in the summer...

·
fudge em
3,848 Posts
I have it on the very front of my hood, it's pretty bad when you look closely at it but what are ya gonna do. I'm thinking of getting a red weave carbon fibre hood.

·
Registered
408 Posts
i got like hundreds of them on the hood, i also spotted some on the fenders towards the front, they felt like tiny stones, very sandy. i could pick them off with some effort but that'll take forever to get rid of all of them. does anyone know how to make them go away?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have a bunch of stone chips on my hood. Let me know if your friend get's it repaired under warranty....I will be next :thumbsup:

·
WTF
10,074 Posts
I had soo many stone chips on my Milano Red-S it was retarded.

If you gathered all the stone chips up in one section it would probably be 3 x 3" bare spot.

Check out this pic. I had a few rust spots too.

·
Registered
183 Posts
get a chip guard on the hood it works beautifully!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm not sure, but the one I have is about 1/3 of the front hood and a little on the sides by the headlights. I do a lot of crazy Chicago highway driving (following trucks that have excessive amounts of dirt) and I don't have any chips...... yet.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
speaking with some dealer in the Mtl area they all agreed it was a pr0blem only on the red rsx, so i'm writing a letter and intent some request to Acura Canada...

so more exemple i have, easy for me it will be.

·
WTF
10,074 Posts
Unfortunately i don't have a good shot of my hood. But i had MILLIONS of stone chips over the whole entire thing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
j1nb0 said:
u sure its just red? cus my black one has them too
the paint on my car seems extra flakey...i had one little chip on the hinge of my door and its spider webbing and everything

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please!!

Have all the owner of red RSX milano If you have the same problem as me( i have 200 stone chip and only 30 000 km), please, made a complaint has Acura Canada bus according to them I am only A to have this problem!!. thus more there is of anybody who Acura call, more there is chance that Acura repairs the problem.

·
werd
2,366 Posts
fwiw i have a milano GSR w/ 45K on it(a 2000) and i havent had any real problems with chips. i mean nothing worse than my friends rsx or any of my past cars.

·
werd
2,366 Posts
btw, you milano guys. know where i could get a milano red rsx-s w/ black interior in the states? or would i have to get one from canada?

·
one.4our.3hree
9,128 Posts
it could be dirt.. or sand..

use a claybar and it will be as smooth as a baby's butt!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts