Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after 2 years, im finally starting to wonder about my bov. its always been set to damn near all the way up and it stays open at idle. will i benefit anything by tightening it down some? do most other bovs such as greddy and hks stay open at idle on our cars?

·
61 ci now
3,336 Posts
I had the same problem with mine, its junk that it stays open and makes spoolup slow unless you really tighten it up. I would run a filter on it if you keep it.,

·
Hi!
1,689 Posts
after 2 years, im finally starting to wonder about my bov. its always been set to damn near all the way up and it stays open at idle. will i benefit anything by tightening it down some? do most other bovs such as greddy and hks stay open at idle on our cars?
i jave 2 greddy bovs and both of them stays open at idle.. coz if you think about it, what opens the bov? vacuum, and you have alot of vacuum during idle.. not sure bout where you hook up the source for the vortech bov though.. dont it have like 3 lines coming in?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the same problem with mine, its junk that it stays open and makes spoolup slow unless you really tighten it up. I would run a filter on it if you keep it.,
how would i run a filter on it? and doed it really slow spool down that much? if i tighten it down alot its gonna sound like a dying seal

btw we made almost the same numbers on the sc6152e

·
The Architect™
7,449 Posts
Its supposed to be open at idle. mine has always done that as well. As soon as you start to drive it closes back down.

·
The Architect™
7,449 Posts
oh James, its seems like we aren't going to be able to go to the track this Sat. Fucking hurricane Ike :emo:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts