Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hwo did you get it to look nice and flushed with the interior? I was thinking about using double sided industrial strength tape because I didnt want to screw the pillar iknto the car.

·
Registered
651 Posts
you dont have to i think it just kinda pops in...i'm not 100% sure tho

·
Supreme Overlord
2,027 Posts
Yeah, mine just popped in, but its not real tight at the top. I need to do something about it but havent yet. Its just a tiny little gap, but it bugs me cause I know its there

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
drill a whole where the top corner of the pillar is at. Drill this whole on the frame and then a small whole on the back of the pillar. USe a zip tie and it will stay nice and snug. I think this is how mine is hooked up but i will have to check when i get home to be sure.

Idrive

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
Mine "popped" over the stock one, and I put the little black tabs that came with them into it. It keeps it in place and look bad at all. I have had people ask me if my a-pillar gauges came stock :laughing:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
kracker said:
Mine "popped" over the stock one, and I put the little black tabs that came with them into it. It keeps it in place and look bad at all. I have had people ask me if my a-pillar gauges came stock :laughing:
I think he is talking about the full pillar replacement :dontknow:

Idrive

·
Traction is for pussies
4,404 Posts
idriveanrsx said:
I think he is talking about the full pillar replacement :dontknow:

Idrive
autometer's isn't a replacement though, it just goes over the stock pillar

it comes with a little package of black tapping screw things that let it sit flush...you just have to drill small holes through both the stock pillar and the autometer pillar and stick the black screw thing in the hole (it is a tight fit)...this keeps them together nicely (just put 3 of the screws in and then run the wires through the bottom and once the proper wire lengths are there, put the last screw in)

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
MrBurner said:
autometer's isn't a replacement though, it just goes over the stock pillar

it comes with a little package of black tapping screw things that let it sit flush...you just have to drill small holes through both the stock pillar and the autometer pillar and stick the black screw thing in the hole (it is a tight fit)...this keeps them together nicely (just put 3 of the screws in and then run the wires through the bottom and once the proper wire lengths are there, put the last screw in)
http://store.clubrsx.com/merchant.m...33&Category_Code=ARSXGGP02UPRSX&Store_Code=CR

·
Traction is for pussies
4,404 Posts
idriveanrsx said:
i don't know what you are trying to show me here...that goes over the stock pillar from top to bottom, i have one in my car

you can email chris about it if you don't believe me...the back of this just forms to the stock pillar...it doesn't have the 2 christmas tree cips that the stock pillar uses to hold itself to the metal a pillar and it also doesn't have the bottom 2 triangles that hold it in the dash at the bottom...this gets mounted on top of the stock pillar, but fits well enough so you don't see the stock pillar at all

the only full pillar actual full replacement was fiberglass and hasn't been on this site for a long time...i used to have that one, but it is a total POS and anytime you needed to take it off, the fiberglass that held the x-mas tree cip on broke off from the rest of the pillar

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Well I have an autometer full pillar replacement bought from jegs and it doesn't fit over the stock pillar. It has the two clips at the bottom and on the back side to hold it in place

Idrive

·
Traction is for pussies
4,404 Posts
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=195670&highlight=autometer+pillar

that is what mine looks like...you put the little plastic screw things that i'm talking about in each of the 4 corners to hold it into the stock pillar...does yours have spots for the 2 christmas tree clips in the back?

are you sure that yours is an autometer pillar? is it black or another color? how long ago did you get it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts