Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had some fluttering which was caused by the BOV rapidly moving up and down. At first I had thought an exhaust leak was the culprit, but it turns out that the Valve was extremely dirty. This caused the Brass valve to rub on the metal surrounding BOV. After cleaning the inside of the BOV and lightly lubing it, it works without a problem. So my message to all of you with this BOV, make sure you clean it every few months and check to see if there are any deep scratches.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'll have to check that. Thanks

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RSXVtec02 said:
I'll have to check that. Thanks
If you even get a hint of fluttering, first check for boost leaks and then work on the BOV. My BOV had some deep scratches so I was a little concerned.

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
That is the case with all the BOV's...I needed to do that with my Type S also....it was making a "weak" sound...so i checked all fittings and just took it apart and cleaned it....now it works great...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Arcticblue said:
That is the case with all the BOV's...I needed to do that with my Type S also....it was making a "weak" sound...so i checked all fittings and just took it apart and cleaned it....now it works great...
I guess this applies to all BOV's. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I know that my turbo or BOV has a slight sound of compressor surge right before the Blow off. Sounds kinda weird.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts