Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, as some of you know i have done a few sets of DIY blackout lights, about 12 sets or so. Well i have found a little tip to cure fogging headlights. This is only for those of you who have sealed and resealed your lights, but still have fogging. On the back of the headlight assembly, you will see a small little rubber plug looking thing, about a 1/2" or so in diameter. Well that little guy fits snuggly on a hole that goes into the headlight assembly. Inside that little rubber plug/grommet is a paper filter element, like a breather.

Allows air to pass through, but not moisture. If that little plug is not pushed on all the way it will go, it will allow moistue into the headlight assembly, causing the condensastion to appeare. Push that little guy on untill it wont go anymore, it sits on a post/tube, so push it all the way on. I had a member have fogging after i did his lights, and i resealed them, opened them up and baked them to evaporate all the moisture, and it still came back, after the 3rd try to fix it, i noticed that breather plug, pressed it down all the way since it was loose, and no problems since.

Just a little FYI for some of you guys with this problem, give it a try.:thumbsup:

·
CRSX Father of Two
4,815 Posts
Thatnks for the tip Jay. I'm sure those of us who plan on the DIY halo lights will also find this to be a helpful tip!

·
Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just trying to help out, i know its frustrating when no one has answers to a problem, just passing on my knowledge.

·
yawn..
7,285 Posts
Do you guys have pictures of this? I did my headlights black 2 nights ago.. the next morning.. the bottom small corner of my driver side fogged a bit.. then i took it apart today for 4 hours resealing them with some goop... and they fogged up AGAIN tonight... not ALOT of fog.. but it's annoying to have the small thin corner of my headlight fogged..

I don't know what you're talking about.. hopefully you can be more detailed or post pics?

Thanks for helping!

·
EASY
215 Posts
thanks for the info, what kind of % of fogging am i looking at, everthing done properly? since i have you guys that have done this already reading, do the clips that hold your bumper on get weak with constant (repeated) removal of the bumper? i put hid's in a couple of weeks ago, and now i'm thinking of doing this. are they going to break off or anything? should i have extra something before i start on the lights. sorry to whore your thread, but while we're all on the same topic, you know? thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.