Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Antigua Streetz
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys.

Been a minute since I have posted on here.

I have been driving an '06 DC5 RSX Type-S tonight. The owner had a run and had missed 2nd gear twice. I took the car and ran the race banging the gears without any issues. It's a stock DC5-S and stock box.

I parked it and we watched a few runs before leaving. While we drove away, the car did not want to come out of 2nd gear. It was hella hard to get it out. Fearing being stuck, we drove home in 2nd gear.

Got home and used both hands with the car turned off and got it to move around freely into every gear with the car turned off. Even drove it and made all the gears.

While rejoicing and driving back from checking it, 2nd gear got stuck again but the excessive force got it out again. We can drive 1st - 3rd and so forth without issues. Only time the problem arises is when trying to shift out from 2nd gear.

What do you think is the problem here?

1: Bent Fork
2: Synchro / Gear issue
3: Other

Any assistance that can be provided is always appreciated from you guys.

Thanks.

Attachments

· Antigua Streetz
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How does it shift without the car running? Get it stuck and pull over and shut it off and try to shift it.
While the car is on idle it goes into each gear perfectly fine.

While the car is running it goes into each gear perfectly fine. It is just extremely hard to take it out of 2nd. (While in motion)

When I got it stuck and pulled over to a parking lot. I had to apply force to take it out.

· Registered
1,406 Posts
How about when the car is shut off. Does it go in and out of 2nd when shut off--if stuck, shut it off and see if it pulls out. Just trying to eliminate clutch issues. Also if every time, have you visibly checked linkage, oh and does it ever grind just a bit going in--more syncro related.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.