Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
tie - coorz
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a RAZO ra16 shift knob, and i love the look and feel, but the damn thing doesnt fit at all. it doesnt have coils so i can screw it on, i kinda have to shove it on, and deal with it loosely.....is there any way i can make it a screw on shift knob....or fasten it to the metal shifter? has anyone else ever had this problem?

ps - im not talking about the shift boot either, read some damn threads 47892 times and never saw this subject...

·
Back To Honda
4,126 Posts
Thats how all universal shift knobs are.
Just like momo ones. I didnt like it.
Sold it and bought Skunk2 shiftknob.
Perfect fit and happy with purchase. You should just get rid of it and get jdm shiftknob instead.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
i originally had a shift knob like that. i hated the way it was so i just got the jdm one and i love it.

·
tie - coorz
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i bought it new, and it came with the adapters....but it doesnt have threads on it so i can screw it on....u have to shove it on and its still loose......it looks hot with a short shifter too.....there has got to be a way....i used to just bombard* it with tape....inside and out....and it would eliminate some of the movement and it would be tight....but when it got really hot or cold the tape would melt and it'd pop right off in the middle of a shift....lol

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
hehehe.....knob....hehehehe

electric tape works well to make it fit tighter, just wrap it around the adapter or the shifter before you put the knob on.

·
tie - coorz
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it came with three adapters, one too small, one too big, and one that fits with a little jiggling....that annoying little jiggling! i put tape around the threads, and i triple quadruple layered the tape around the shift knob, and it worked good, for a day....when it came loose from 1st to second....i wanna get a nice shift knob, like s2k or tsx but arent they 6spd? any nice 5spd knobs out there?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
spoon has the best 5 speed ones. i have both the black one and silver one, from previous cars. they are awesome, i wish it was 6 speed so i could use it on my RSX

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
here's one it isnt the greatest pic.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
heres one showing the red shift pattern

1 - 20 of 21 Posts