Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Super Moderator
430,522 Posts
had a box, was a gift from someone a long time ago. once i found out cheeks game on one, i had to sell it so he couldn't friend request me

·
Fast and Furious
585 Posts
lets race! i will be on tonight

Okay so no one wants to set up a RSX 500 class race?
:vtec:gamertag: AIRITE

I was on last night but no one has friended me yet..:laughat:
. So I built and designed a 500 rsx and a drift s2k. check out the liveries(designs) since I haven't tuned the cars yet(I have different procedures for tuning depending on how much tuning I want to do). the rsx is pearl blue with ghost logos for xbox and a race theme using mixed body kit and the s2k is a custom suzuka blue and black two tone with red H, very clean look no logos and I leave stock rim colors so you can play with the different rim colors by choosing different rims.

I really like having so many cars on track and challenging ai and variable difficulties. It also feels like your progressing no matter what game mode your in. also control is much more refined through the controller. not perfect but better.

·
Andy wuz here
19,452 Posts
So I got the game tonight. Not bad. Could be better. Played for an hr and and level 8 I think. Gonna let it finish downloading and will play more tomorrow after work

·
Fast and Furious
585 Posts
truth

hahahaha bet you guys are hella pro racers in real life too
Racing games is what got me into the jdm cars with Tokyo extreme racer and the preview for the first Fast and Furious and real Tokyo racer movies that were in the game(rent it if you don't know what im talking about). Real life I was rolling GM Cadillac and Pontiac. then I saw the rsx in 2002 commercial and I was like that's sweet looking. So I stopped reading magazines about car stereos and started in on super street and import tuner and modified mag. then I was like I love this fast and furious lifestyle, JDM, HIN ect. and when I needed a car with good gas mileage in 08 after I got a job with Hustler 40 miles from my house I was looking at 350's and G35's and Subaru and more. playing games and reading LOTS of articles lead me to want the rsx over all others. I drove my rsx for 2 years with no mods "learning to drive" x 2. then a guy was selling a greddy midpipe only on craigslist. when I met up with him he said two things that changed my life forever. 1- he had to sell his parts because he had a family to pay for. 2- go online to Clubrsx.com and I could find answers there. So I knew 2 things 1-dont ever sell your passion off because that's no example for your kids!! 2- Go to clubrsx.com. I raced video game versions of the rsx in every game that had one. I read and read and read on clubrsx never saying much of anything to anybody not wanting to be flamed and still learning and deciding what I wanted to change. I would go and make fake builds and see what the competitive result in game was compared to what people were saying online. I used games to try out different parts, looks, and styles. Reaction time is a link between your brain to your body. your can quicken this link using muscle memory and repetition. I Used a racing wheel in games since before the rsx was made. Professional drivers do it so its probably helping anyone else who does.

FOR SURE I AM A BETTER DRIVER BECAUSE OF RACING GAMES AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL. I race everywhere I go. I have hundreds of thousands of real miles under my belt and similar numbers in game.

Gaming wont make you a great driver but it can help. learning from those who are doing it in real life is a shortcut. and time behind the wheel at the edge of grip and speed is KING:blah::deadhorse

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,006 Posts
The triggers are full throttle like halfway..........is this a design problem or is it forza problem? It is really annoying

·
Fast and Furious
585 Posts
updat elast night fixed alot of issues

also you can import old designs and logos

·
S U P E R C H A R G E D
41,841 Posts
the higher power stuff like the p class and X class i use TCS..but i've seen people that dont and they are faster than me out of the corner cause they can put the power down.

i just dont have that kind of throttle control on the triggers.

·
Low Flying Whore Ron
1,001,867 Posts
Just got Forza 6 last week... I really like it, but I would like to go to a wheel. The problem is no one makes a wheel that will work for the PS3 (or PS4), and the Xbox one. I don't want to have 2 steering wheel setups either.

Why can't they make the setup generic, and use interchangable wheels (one for PS4, one for Xbox one, etc.).

Ideally it would be nice to have one wheel with a toggle switch to switch platforms. I would pay double the price for a good wheel that you could use on multiple platforms.

I think the steering wheel makers are missing out on a lot of users that would buy a more expensive wheel that works on more platforms.

What do you think?

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
I don't how software works, but I imagine there are compatibility issues, licensing issues, and also profit incentives.

It's maybe similar to why you can't use a PS4 controller with an Xbox One and vice versa. Also Xbox One controllers have actual software inside that can be updated. I'm not sure about the PS4 controllers, but it certainly means that there's more going on than just a standard input signal.

It's probably possible to make steering wheel set-ups for both, but you have to consider that these consoles are still relatively young and don't have a decent library, not to mention racing games, so perhaps the demand isn't there.

When you look at racing games for Xbone and PS4, the only games I can think of as "Simulators" are Forza 5 & 6, Drive Club, Project Cars. I wouldn't even call Forza 5 a sim because it's really lacking in content, but it's close enough. The rest are Arcade racers. NFS, Horizon 2, The Crew, they don't really have a way of utilizing a steering wheel. Sure, you could use a wheel for Horizon 2 because the handling is quite good, but you're not really going to be chasing lap times in that game. That's on top of PS4 not having a GT game yet.

I just don't think there are enough people who want those wheels to really warrant a mass production. When you look at PC, then yeah, it's easy. There are tons of racing sims on PC and because of how shitty keyboard controls are, you almost have to use some sort of controller for racing games. Plus it's really easy to re-bind keys. And wheels can work for many different set-ups as long as you download drivers. So when you buy a good wheel setup for a PC, you can use it for a long time. Once you buy a wheel for a PS3 or a PS4, you usually can't use it for both.

·
S U P E R C H A R G E D
41,841 Posts
I don't how software works, but I imagine there are compatibility issues, licensing issues, and also profit incentives.

It's maybe similar to why you can't use a PS4 controller with an Xbox One and vice versa. Also Xbox One controllers have actual software inside that can be updated. I'm not sure about the PS4 controllers, but it certainly means that there's more going on than just a standard input signal.

It's probably possible to make steering wheel set-ups for both, but you have to consider that these consoles are still relatively young and don't have a decent library, not to mention racing games, so perhaps the demand isn't there.

When you look at racing games for Xbone and PS4, the only games I can think of as "Simulators" are Forza 5 & 6, Drive Club, Project Cars. I wouldn't even call Forza 5 a sim because it's really lacking in content, but it's close enough. The rest are Arcade racers. NFS, Horizon 2, The Crew, they don't really have a way of utilizing a steering wheel. Sure, you could use a wheel for Horizon 2 because the handling is quite good, but you're not really going to be chasing lap times in that game. That's on top of PS4 not having a GT game yet.

I just don't think there are enough people who want those wheels to really warrant a mass production. When you look at PC, then yeah, it's easy. There are tons of racing sims on PC and because of how shitty keyboard controls are, you almost have to use some sort of controller for racing games. Plus it's really easy to re-bind keys. And wheels can work for many different set-ups as long as you download drivers. So when you buy a good wheel setup for a PC, you can use it for a long time. Once you buy a wheel for a PS3 or a PS4, you usually can't use it for both.
i've seen people using wheels for fighting games. it's pretty funny.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts