Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Still tuning....
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a 3 Bar MAP sensor for a while now and found a MSD 3 Bar sensor at summitracing for $53.88. Its what we need for kpro (0-5v, 3 pin, etc.). Part # MSD-2313. If you need the 3 pin weatherpack connector its Part # PRF-70403.

I figured I would share because I didnt want to pay over $90 for a GM sensor and over $120 for a motec. Make sure you have MSD-2313 and NOT MSD-23131.

It should be here Thursday :spin: :spin:

·
Still tuning....
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rsxpimp1985 said:
Whats the difference, other than the price, between the MSD-2313 and the MSD-23131?
The 23131 is what a MSD controller needs...I guess it has a different output than the 2313. The 2313 is a "universal" sensor that can be used with different stand-alone ECU.

·
Monsters of the Midway
5,677 Posts
^^:iamwiths:

I ordered my 11lb pulley yesterday so I'll need on pretty soon also.

Check user CP

·
Still tuning....
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BlackNite said:
well definately let us know how it turns out. Do a write up with pics when u do the install as well :D U should have 2 green bars now :thumbsup:
I will :spin:

Hey, I do have 2 bars...lol.

·
Still tuning....
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called up a spoke to a sales guy and he said that "it should" come with papers indicating the mbar/volt, mbar @ 5v, etc. So setting it up on kpro shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
338 Posts
guys its not that complicated. and no it doesnt come with the calibration info. if you simply select the 3bar option in the kmanager software it works fine. you can also what your electronic or mechanical boost gauge/controller to notice that the msd unit is pretty much deal on the money compared to what the kpro is reading as well. we have used these for years on the s100/s200 series engine management from hondata without a hickup.

·
Still tuning....
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some-1 said:
any updates?
I got the sensor yesterday and kpro today...I have to work 12 hour shifts this weekend, so it will be sunday afternoon before I can have everything running. I cant wait :driving:

·
Still tuning....
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I connected everything together and have not had any problems. Here are some pics.

You have to modify the weatherpack plug to fit the sensor..I did it with a dremel tool. It might of took 2 minutes. I'll post up the wiring diagram in a few minutes, time to eat :blah:

·
Still tuning....
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
silver RSX-S said:
how do you wire it up? sorry i'm a noob to map sensors
I forgot to post up the wiring diagram.
green/white= ground= pin a
green/red= signal to ecu= pin b
yellow/red= +5v= pin c

The pins are marked on the top of the map sensor. Just match the wires up to the letters and hook it up. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT RIGHT. Map sensors fry real eaisly.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.