Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughters boyfriend was looking under my daughters car to look at CV axles. He found the passenger side CV boot torn. So need to replace the axle. How common is it for the half shaft to need to be replaced? Any recommendations where to get CV axles. Also found a bar, attached pictures, on the ground after lowering the car back on the driveway. The square bar is approximately 9 3/8 inch log, 5/16 inch wide and has rubber end caps on it. Does anybody know what it is and where it goes?

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
The cv to be replaced isant rare. I get most of my parts off of amazon, they have just about everything, and if not eBay has it. Oreillys also price matches amazon as long as it’s the same brand.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The cv to be replaced isant rare. I get most of my parts off of amazon, they have just about everything, and if not eBay has it. Oreillys also price matches amazon as long as it’s the same brand.

·
Registered
2006 Acura RSX type S
41 Posts
I recently vhanged my cv axles because the boots have torn and were making a clicking noise because of wear from dirt and debris getting in the joints, its much easier to change the cv axles as a whole since they arent that expensive (at least cheaper than years ago)and will last you a long time, it was a good investment in my opinion, usually if you vhange one change the other to avoid a possible headache of having to replace the other side later

1 - 6 of 6 Posts