Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
iTzDillBoB
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I fell in love with the XXR527s in Chromium Black. I'm lowering my car in about a month 2 inches or so and I think these would look amazing to go with the drop. Ok now the question is what do I need to know about offset wheel spacers etc? I've done some searching but I'm still not fully understanding it. Basically what I want is the car to sit with nice camber, not all / \ hellaflush LoL. I also wouldn't mind widening the stance a little bit to give it that beefy look. I just wanna do it the proper way and I dont mind buying either 17 or 18 inch if its easier to acheive this setup. Also feel free to post up your pics of your car so I get a visual on it!

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
Don't go bigger than x8 wide and no bigger than 17 inches.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Okay so I fell in love with the XXR527s in Chromium Black. I'm lowering my car in about a month 2 inches or so and I think these would look amazing to go with the drop. Ok now the question is what do I need to know about offset wheel spacers etc? I've done some searching but I'm still not fully understanding it. Basically what I want is the car to sit with nice camber, not all / \ hellaflush LoL. I also wouldn't mind widening the stance a little bit to give it that beefy look. I just wanna do it the proper way and I dont mind buying either 17 or 18 inch if its easier to acheive this setup. Also feel free to post up your pics of your car so I get a visual on it!
17x8.25. i cant remember the offset. this size fits really well, especially with a 235.

·
iTzDillBoB
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah from what I understand I think I want about a 35+ offset. The lower the offset the wider it will appear right?

·
Banned
3,213 Posts
lower offset the more it sticks out
17x8+35 is most agressive you can do without fender work, plus it sits pretty flush if you have a nice drop

·
iTzDillBoB
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nofathics that thing is gorgeous! Is that the setup your running? I like it. How much camber is that in the rear, does it mess up your tire wear bad? And one last thing I wanted to ask is if I could could run that setup you listed 17x8+35 while being 2inches low?

·
Registered
42 Posts
lower offset the more it sticks out
17x8+35 is most agressive you can do without fender work, plus it sits pretty flush if you have a nice drop

I'm looking to do something similar, will be getting raceland coilovers and getting low but no camber kit or fender work. I want to get XXR 530, but not sure what size/offset. Anybody know if 18x7.5 with +20 will work? Or would +35?

·
iTzDillBoB
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Might wanna be careful with the raceland's they have their issues. After reading what other members have experienced and all the problems my one friend has ran into I decided its not worth the trouble. I'm now ordering the Progress Coilovers :thumbsup: As far as your setup if your lowered you will need to roll fenders at +20 so go with +35

1 - 15 of 15 Posts