Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey clubrsx, I been lurking here for a while now so I thought it was time to start a showoff thread. All pictures were taken on a sony point and shoot camera so sorry if pictures aren’t that great.

My first car was a 89 Saleen Mustang with a 351 swap that me and my dad built together from the ground up. My dad brought the car stock and its been in the family since 91. He gave it to me because he got tired of dealing with it and since I helped him build it I knew all the modifications that were on it. A few months later he picked up a brand new 09 Shelby GT500 from the dealership.

My dad’s new 09 Shelby GT500

Well back in 2010 the catalytic converters clogged up on the Saleen so it had a lot of blowby and was burning way too much oil for me to drive everyday. Instead of overhauling the engine my dad decided it was better for me to get a new car that saves more gas since I’m a college student and I commute about 50 miles everyday. So in June 2011 I picked up a 2006 Acura RSX Type-S from a used car dealership. It was kinda ricey and wasn’t in the best condition but the engine ran strong and it the interior was in pretty good condition for 97k miles. It also came with a few goodies such as buddy club n+ coilovers, foglights and a authentic a-spec front and rear lip.

I hated how the previous owner painted the wheels so I decided to repaint them white.

Hood was trashed and a repaint costed about $500 so I decided to sell the stock hood and order a seibon carbon fiber hood from clubrsx.

Got the front end repainted by my uncle’s body shop to get rid of the rock chips, and also got the front headlights lightly smoked since they were getting hazy not bad for $250.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Traded the white stockies for polished RPF1s, you guys may have seen these exact set on typeS_kid, crod06's and 503servicetempdown’s cars since it’s their old wheels.

Sad day, on December 7, 2011 some jackass in a white camry cut me off on my way back home. I swerved to avoid him but I lost control and hit the curb. According to a witness my car flipped 5 times before I landed. Luckily I didn’t have any injuries at all, only had a few scratches from the broken glass.

I only had liability insurance, and the guy in the camry who was at fault took off so I basically took a loss.

I stripped the entire car and tried to get as much as money back as possible. As it finds out my coilover adjustments were all off, had different heights all around and the damper settings were different at each corner. Also there was a lot of stuff held on with zip ties… never trust a used car dealership. They were suppose to inspect these cars before it goes on their lots.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
After about 9 months of not having a car and asking rides from friends I finally picked up a 2004 Lexus IS300, 5 speed manual, full black leather interior, and only 68k miles.

It’s all stock besides the ugly wheels the previous owner put on there. I got plenty of plans for the IS300, but for now I'm just happy to have a car again.

Updates:

I recently sold my k20z1 swap, so I had some money to spend on parts for the IS300 :D

Back in November I was going to class at the University of Houston and when I parked I saw this. Must have been a huge ass rock flung up by a 18 wheeler, darn you Houston construction :emo:

I decided to put on my front lip to cover up the damage for now. Here are a couple of pics from the 2012 ClubRSX Texas All State meet.

Finally found a buyer for my wheels so I got my front lip painted and put on my new wheels. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pictures.

·
9,306 Posts
sick car! terrible mpg though eh?
dads car :jelly:

any plans to boost this ride?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Surprisingly my dad actually averages about 16mpg on the GT500 lol. My 89 Saleen only got 14mpg and I had 100hp less than the GT500 :(

As for the IS300 I'm keeping the engine stock for now, I need the mpg since I'm commuting to UH lol. After I graduate I'll probably drop in the 2jz-gte and go with a single turbo setup. Once I'm done with that I want to overhaul the Saleen and rebuild the engine to a 408 stroker :D

·
9,306 Posts
Surprisingly my dad actually averages about 16mpg on the GT500 lol. My 89 Saleen only got 14mpg and I had 100hp less than the GT500 :(

As for the IS300 I'm keeping the engine stock for now, I need the mpg since I'm commuting to UH lol. After I graduate I'll probably drop in the 2jz-gte and go with a single turbo setup. Once I'm done with that I want to overhaul the Saleen and rebuild the engine to a 408 stroker :D
i was referring to the mpg in your lexus

·
Registered
75 Posts
Flipped 5 times and no injury..That is awesome. Sorry about the car dude, it was coming along very nice. Any plans to get another one?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
good thing you pulled out of that accident with no damage to yourself :thumbsup:

have fun with the Lexus
Thanks! I already have some plans for it too. Hopefully it's show worthy by the time HIN comes to Houston :run:

Flipped 5 times and no injury..That is awesome. Sorry about the car dude, it was coming along very nice. Any plans to get another one?
I was actually looking for another 05-06 type-s, but at the time there wasn't any for sale around me that wasn't beat on or overpriced. After a while I decided I wanted to get back in a rwd and just picked up the IS300.

wow you tore that rsx apart!!
It's nothing compared to the stages your car has been through, I'm sure your car was stripped like this plenty of times :laughing:

looks like the cf hood came out pretty undamaged.
Yeah surprisingly the CF hood came out of the wreck without a scratch. Thank goodness because that would have been a waste of $500 lol

·
So Proper
501 Posts
nice to see another member with an altezza
nice wheels

1 - 17 of 17 Posts