Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tien ahh!!!
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on changing my oil myself soon. While ordering some stuff online, I saw the FRAM SureDRAIN. Supposed to replace the drain bolt. Looks interesting, what do you guys think of this device? Don't think its available for our cars yet. There's a flash animation of the suredrain on the left of the page.

http://www.fram.com/home/index.html

·
Tien ahh!!!
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh well

Thank you for your e-mail regarding a Fram Sure Drain plug for your 2002 Acura RSX. We welcome the opportunity to be of service.

According to our data, we don't have a recommended Sure Drain plugs for the 2002 Acura RSX. When a new product is released, the most popular applications are the first to be available. We are currently working on updating product for those vehicles we do not have yet available.

Thank you for choosing Fram Filters.

Cordially,

Rick Hostettler

Catalog/Technical Service Representative

Catalog/Technical Service Department

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
I saw this for sale last week at Autozone in buffalo.....looks very cool and they had it for Hondas....i'd assume the rsx has a standard drain plug like a honda, doesn't it?

Anyways, it's kinda expensive...15 dollars (i think) and really, how hard is it to remove the plug?

If it was less than 5 bucks, i'd buy it tho :)

G

·
It impresses me as a solution looking for a problem. The oil pan drain bolt isn't the hard or messy part of the oil change. Replacing the filter is the messy part.

You've still got to jack the car up a bit to get under it to reach the drain pan bolt, with or without the Fram dohicky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts